[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - We need more people on the server

We need more people on the server

General discussion about Kreatious!

We need more people on the server

by AceofHeartsXY » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:12 pm

Man kreatious be dead now-a-days, as recently as December there would be like 40-50 people on at a time but recently I never seen more then 30. Any body got any ideas on how to attract and keep new players?
yello
AceofHeartsXY
Veteran Donor

Re: We need more people on the server

by siderpig2 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:11 am

The only reason I can see within the game is that people run out of stuff to do. Events and things such as that give fun to be had with the other players on the server. That's the whole point of multiplayer, right? Without them, it's pretty much like singleplayer but you get to talk to others. Another is that some people just get burned out from playing; I speak from experience saying this. I haven't played on the server for a month or so now simply because I just got bored running around waiting for someone or something to happen, and just couldn't tolerate building another shack or house or whatever. But people also have a life outside of Kreatious and Minecraft; In December kids get like 2 weeks off to do whatever they want so they get to stay up late playing Minecraft instead of going to school the next day, or for adults; work. It can't necessarily be helped in this sense because life simply can't be stopped. If you want to bring players back or keep them playing, just try to set up something fun for people to do instead of creating a new town or clan. Something as simple as a drop party or parkour even. I'm not all to insightful on this, because like I said, I haven't played on the server for an age and a half, but I thought I could give my two cents.
The Real Signature. The Best Signature.

siderpig2
Resident

by maxmmm1501 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:42 am

maxmmm1501

by Kassu233 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:11 pm

But exactly WHY do we need more people on the server? Do we really want new players, like max suggested by attracting more new players by voting (in the most blatant way ever) would cause a potential flood of new players (which is unlikely, but possible) who dont seem to be too welcome in the server especially if they dont get the basics of the game or migrate from PVP/faction servers etc. and especially complain about specific "restrictions" on the server (no full-on teleporting, no swearing in global, no multiple homes, even going as far as pointing the rules on "why no griefing") what would just be an annoyance.

This can easily be debunked by stating that "Why dont they read the forum post? Why dont they read the rules?"
Well, that also bothers me. I cant think of a way around that people just dont want to read.

Im not trying to stop people from voting, as stated before the worst event is unlikely.

I cant think of a valid reason (outside potential revenue) why we need more players other than for the sake of having new players.
Kassu233
Resident

by maxmmm1501 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:41 am

I could honestly care less how many players join and quit in 1-50 hours, its more dedicated players that would be nice :3
maxmmm1501

by Kassu233 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:13 am

Kassu233
Resident

by Hrodgard » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:39 am

I haven't been on the server for 6 months to 1 year. Today I felt like picking up where I left, see the new features from 1.8 and build on from there until I eventually get bored again.
I'm just speaking for myself, but the lack of 1.8 is what is keeping me from playing on this server and I might look elsewhere.
Hrodgard

by Kassu233 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Kassu233
Resident

by trentcast » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:34 am

I'm with Hrodgard on this one. Most of my ingame time since New Years is spent preparing for 1.8, collecting crafting and building materials i can't use yet. I spent today building a rabbit farm.

First-timers are put off by playing the old format after the sweeping and dramatic new changes.

We're ready. It's time.

Coding and debugging is a serious time and effort commitment, that's understood. What can the kreatious community do to help?
Save the whales. Collect the whole set.
trentcast
Veteran Donor

by Kassu233 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Kassu233
Resident

Next

Return to General Discussion