Promoting Ideas for Kreatious

General discussion about Kreatious!

Promoting Ideas for Kreatious

by emeraldcreeper10 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:05 am

Promoting Kreatious

Hi all,

I have been inactive for the past couple weeks or so, and I have come back to Kreatious to find that there seems to be a dwindling amount of players. This is from my personal understanding, so correct me if I'm wrong, but regardless I want to promote Kreatious into it's flourishing state. First off, TeamSpeak appears to be rather lifeless, except for a few players who hop on now and then. I'm proposing that we bring back Teamspeak night, as someone else had suggested in the past. Every Friday and Saturday evening a handful of players could gather on Teamspeak to commune to one another about various topics relating to the server, or other interests. I'm open to suggestions for times, as I know not everyone lives within the same time zones, but I will most likely be on well past midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.

Secondly, I recommend that we, as a community, could come together on the server and participate in various events whether they be big or small. I know several of the stadiums/arenas at the New Continent spawn are collecting dust and have fallen into disarray. I would ask that we tidy them up a bit, and whenever one wants to, they can be free to host an event or simply invite a few friends to particpate in either a PvP match, Spleef, or Tower Defense (though I for one am not familiar with the rules). I also do not see as many events being hosted. I am fond of events for they bring a handful of people together in which they might have some fun whether players are goofing off or locked in an intense competition, I'd like to see more events being hosted in general.

Lastly, I'd like to furthermore promote the server in general. I think we could recruit some great new players if we reached out to friends and family. Also, if you're an older player, try reaching out to others, it'd be nice to see some old faces again. If you happen to have a YouTube channel, feel free to support and advertise the server through game plays. Voting also always helps the server too. In my opinion, if we considered compiling any of the thoughts I listed above, it'd make for a happier, brighter, and more thriving Kreatious.
emeraldcreeper10

Re: Promoting Ideas for Kreatious

by V3N0M_123 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:23 am

Teamspeak is basically lifeless because most of the people who actually used it have either left, are inactive or just don't use it any more. An example is SDOR, he is inactive (I don't know if he has quit), and he used to be on teamspeak a lot. The only regulars to come on teamspeak now are me and you, but the old crew being of Icefang, SDOR, Kassu, Masy etc are all somewhat inactive. Ice comes on the server sometimes but rarely talks, SDOR comes on rarely, Kassu quit and masy is mostly inactive, and doesn't talk on teamspeak anyway. Most players who used teamspeak were former donors, vtns, mods, most of which have stopped using it. Teamspeak night has never worked long term, and I doubt it will this time. There will be a period of 'mutual friendship' (Just someone you know, not a real friend) before any friend groups start appearing from teamspeak night. There may need to be a higher ranked player on teamspeak at these times to try and convey a friendly environment, as typically the higher ranked players are more charismatic. Overall, teamspeak night is needed in some ways, so that the community can learn more about each other and get to know new people personally. However the success rate is something to be worried about.

The reason why these arenas are collecting dust it because everyone is bored of it. Personally, I think spleef and tower defense is boring, and many may share my opinion. A pvp match may be fun, however I think it should be a /hostevent thing, where a whole new area, not an arena, is made and mark out the area you can play in with walls, kind of like how sxk builds a wall around her land. A reason why /hostevent may be less used is because people don't want people to come and grief them as they would be allowing people to tp to their home, and write down the coords. It doesn't seem like there is as much creativity on the server allowing for /hostevent, such as the aircraft carrier made by someone(Don't remember), or the early stages of katoria. I would host events at my land, but since it is all sandstone, I don't want it to be griefed, as a diamond pick could destroy half of my build in less than 10 minutes. If anything to do with events is to be changed, you first have to figure out what everyone thinks is fun, since no one has the exact same opinion, there will always be events that some people don't go to. Overall having events would be good, however the mighty overlord Zerg doesn't want to spend time making plugins for a new type of event like a minigame server has. /hostevent is fine, but if it is a spleef match etc, permissions will be annoying to get around. Events will team people up and make groups, overall making people more likely to work with each other and making them nicer towards people as a whole.

Promoting the server is a very good way to get new players, but will also bring bad stuff, such as the spamming attacks we always used to get, hackers and outright trolls. This will lead to some new people being put off the server due to this, making the amount of new players that intend to stay a long time smaller. There also has to be rules to abide by when promoting, like the rules we have, don't do it on another server, unless the things this server has done to other servers in the past may happen again, and we don't want that. Promoting has always been a good way to attract people to a server, and will make our community nicer to be in as a whole.
V3N0M_123
Resident

Re: Promoting Ideas for Kreatious

by TheKielEnforcer » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:20 pm

I see people trying to host events every now and then but usually there aren't enough people who do /go for the event to be succesfull. Spleef and other games are kind of getting old for most people and I kind've thing that a lot of people feel the same about survival. I see less new people coming on and staying for more than a month. As for some people not getting on within the past months school and the holidays have started which takes away some people's time. I still think that Kreatious is thriving just not as much as it was in the summer which is understandable. (BTW Venom I think the hellicarrier was built by SirNosmas or whatever there name is now)
How can you be sure that you never miss your target? Shoot first, and whatever you hit, call it your target.- Anonymous
TheKielEnforcer
Resident

Return to General Discussion