Increased FPS Perfect for recording!

Need help check here. Have advice for other players? Post here.

Increased FPS Perfect for recording!

by Wicklow » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:27 pm

To get increased FPS there is a easy to install mod which gives you a whole load more options !
It increased my FPS by 50
Let me know what it does for you!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-181-optifine-hd-d2-fps-boost-hd-textures/
Please Subscribe :) Its helps the server grow!
http://www.youtube.com/WicklowBC
Wicklow
Veteran

Re: Increased FPS Perfect for recording!

by bossman1113 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Wicklow, it would be great if you made a video of you downloading and setting your FPS settings to whatever got it to boost by 50. So maybe a short tut on youtube? Then post the link in here or even embed the video.
bossman1113
Veteran

by killbot11 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:03 pm

can it be used in multiplayer (obviously it probably can, but im stupid so...yeah)
Minimalism.
killbot11
Resident

by SirDukem » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:12 pm

The best solution for FPS/performance increase while recording/streaming, is to record onto a separate hard drive (hdd). Let me give a basic run-down of what happens, let me explain why this helps with streaming as well first.

When streaming, you're saving a temp. video file to your hard drive, and then uploading that file to the stream, so you're comp is pulling info off the HDD to play the game, you're saving a file back to the HDD, and you're uploading a video from that HDD, all at the same time. Your HDD can only handle a certain amount of traffic, because the hard drive can only read/write 1 byte at a time.

When you use a 2nd hard drive, you're uploading game info from your HDD, and all the video saving/uploading is happening on a separate HDD, effectively doubling your speed.

The bottleneck occurs on the HDD, so once you solve that, you can move on to the next problem!
SirDukem
Veteran

Return to Help Desk and FAQ