[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - [How-To] Some ways to Get popular on Kreatious!

[How-To] Some ways to Get popular on Kreatious!

Need help check here. Have advice for other players? Post here.

[How-To] Some ways to Get popular on Kreatious!

by malandrix_bunny » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:58 am

Disclaimer: In no way am i stating that this is what the "cool kids" do or that if you don't do this you have no chance at being popular. I also am not using POPULAR as a term for the in crowd or the famous guy. This thread GIVES TECHNIQUES that can POSSIBLY help you become acquainted with the server's population.

Hello, fellow kreatious members. Today I'm going to be teaching you how to be popular with the peopls of kreatious. This could be used for whatever reason, you want to be popular on the internet, you want more friends etc. These techniques are personal techniques that I had used along the way.

1. My first bit of popularity

Get Teamspeak! It is an amazing tool that gives the player the ability to TALK with other players on the server using a mic, or you can hear them and just type if you don't have a microphone/headset. When I joined teamspeak I instantly got 2 friends on the first day!
Download: http://www.teamspeak.com
Our ip: ts.kreatious.net
Refer to Feir's post on teamspeak http://kreatious.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=987

2. The EASIEST thing you can do.

TALK IN CHAT ALOT Doing this people will be able to see who you are and if you are a good person, or not. This was a big reason that it took a long time for me to know ALL the players. I was very silent in global chat and only used teamspeak, and donor chat. I now know a lot of rsds and defaults that are nice and deserve certain ranks. As a veteran talking to these people in global chat really helped me scout for some REALLY good people like SDOR, Squaredot, and MANY more.

3. Be nice

Must I really explain this? Well, i guess I should seeming some people obviously don't get the concept.
Don't call people mean things.
Don't rant on people.
Don't spam.
Don't say mean things back to other people, gosh how many times have I had to tell people "Be better than that person and dont fight back" and "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"

4. Donate!

The money isnt all to donating.
Become a donor, get donor chat! Donor chat is used by many of the donors, vtns, mods, and zerg (sometimes, not really). Ever since i was a donor I encountered new friends and even if my donor status was down for a month they were still my friends and that did NOT change. You also get many things like
DOnor commands
/wave and /trip
Donor chat
Ability to see certain donor commands, and things like VDonors /explode
Info on donating: http://kreatious.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2

5. Get active on the forums!

Activity on the forums is a very big advantage to becoming a well known player. Unlike what many people believe popularity on the forums about, it is NOT about how many posts you have. It's nice to have a lot of posts, but it is BETTER if your posts have a purpose. Dont troll on the forums, you will get the same result as a troller ingame gets.

6. Last but not least

Do not troll and obey the rules!!!
(Sources)
http://kreatious.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1181
http://kreatious.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=201

To those of you who think this is my way of stating how I'm the bees knees or some icon let me be straight. I don't have many true friends irl. For those who are seen as outcasts by their peers they can reside in the kreatious community like i did.
Last edited by malandrix_bunny on Sun May 04, 2014 1:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
malandrix_bunny
Resident

Re: [How-To]Get popular on Kreatious!

by pyrusbrawler30 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:43 pm

These things are what I did as well! although i got teamspeak later on, I still made plenty of friends in other ways too!
pyrusbrawler30
Resident

by jbige7 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:59 am

Weird post, but It's gewd :>
-Jordan
jbige7

by 007coolcube » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:52 am

This is sad. You DO NOT need to be told how to be popular, you need to be your self. Screw this post. No offense to bunneh.
What can I say? I'm a cool cube.
007coolcube
Veteran

Location: New Zealand, where you're not gonna get hit by a nuke.

Re: [How-To] Some ways to get popular on Kreatious!

by malandrix_bunny » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:33 am

Yeah i just changed the.name to some ways.
malandrix_bunny
Resident

Re: [How-To] Some ways to Get popular on Kreatious!

by alan_x_zhu » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Popularity is stupid. You didn't know that? I mean, not everyone can be all popular at once. There's the veterans, most of whom are very popular, and there are new players who are unheard of on this server. If I were one of the new players that just joined this server, I wouldn't like it. Maybe you guys should start thinking more about the people who are new to this server and think less about popularity and fameā€¦ I'm just trying to point something out here

After all, is the point of this server just to play with each other? or to let new players in our wing?
alan_x_zhu

by iAustralian » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:30 am

Yes, Alan. Veterans are very popular, and every single one of them were a New Player at one point. Many of these things are just suggestions on how to become a more vocal member of the community, leading to making Friends ect; Popularity isn't everything, but it's a nice thing.
[[Insert Inspirational Quote Here]]

Origin ID: vMrLegacy (Currently only have Battlefield 3, next game will most likely be MoH: WF, so if you have either, add me)
Steam: Colon-Apostrophe-Capitalized-C (Long story, just add it)
iAustralian

by alan_x_zhu » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:26 am

alan_x_zhu

by SirDukem » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:44 pm

I'll expand on this, and let you in on how I became a mod in just 3 months!!! :S

I paid diamonds to each staff member! If they weren't on, I set a chest outside their house and deposited all the diamonds I got in it!

bwahhaa jk!

I donated very early on to avoid queues, and continued to donate because I enjoyed playing on the server. This 'unlocked' donor chat, where 80% of the conversations happen. I didn't really talk to anybody, and did ask the help from a mod once to see if I could remove an abandonded 6x6 building. I minded my own business, and helped people when I could, apparently mods liked this when they would do random teleports to check on people.

I don't know for sure, but the biggest thing was I didn't want to be a veteran, or staff, or anything of that nature...I was perfectly content just having fun building & breaking blocks! I know my life has gotten busier, and my overall gaming has gone down signifigantly, but I still enjoy helping people (who actually need help).

What to take from this post:
Be yourself...no matter what. You'll make "true" friends that way because people will like you for you. If they don't like you...screw them and don't bother w/ them.
SirDukem
Veteran

Return to Help Desk and FAQ