New Anti-Xray measures

Need help check here. Have advice for other players? Post here.

New Anti-Xray measures

by BlackKnightHero » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:17 am

Today me and zerg went through some measures to prevent xraying, well, what does this mean for you if you don't xray? Really... nothing. There's a few things that have changed.

We've taken a more 'orebufusicator' type approach when improving this, so therefore, it's going to be really hard for you to xray now.

- Can you tell which ore is real?

Now, you may notice after you break a stone you'll immediately see diamond/gold/coal/etc then it will go away, this is a result of this, but once you start mining, it shouldn't happen anymore.

This is all I have to say, so if you're wondering why it does that. That's why.
BlackKnightHero
Veteran

Re: New Anti-Xray measures

by mattme1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:36 am

I dont xray but ill see lots of diamonds mined stats start to roll to a halt finally!
mattme1

Location: Oregon... You wouldnt need to know if you werent stalking me

by Nezark123 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Seems like a great way to approach it. Thanks alot to you two for your hard work.
Image ImageImage
Nezark123

by mattme1 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:01 am

Well something annoys me that i found. When you are mining i found a iron ore that then disappears a split second later. So if there is any way to fix that then that would probaly clear up a little confusion for some miners.
mattme1

by jbige7 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:27 am

... An x-rayer actually wrote this.
-Jordan
jbige7

by Neko92 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:41 am

Mattme1... that happens to me too. It's very annoying cause I silk the ores that drop items (coal, lapiz, dias, redstone) and mine the ones that drop blocks (gold and iron...) More than once I have mined coal thinking it was iron, thus losing out on the chance to silk and fortune it later on. I hope it gets fixed, before too many people get cheated out of significant amount of fortunable resources (if thats a word?)

jbidge7... Yes an x-rayer wrote it. Before you judge him, consider this... Theres billion dollar corporations that pay hackers who can breach and fix residential and commercial security systems. This is home the security systems can be improved on. same concept applys here. You need a x-rayer, to prevent x-rayers.
Also... that H1N1 outbreak that affected and killed people few years back... The vaccine for it, had the virus in it. They have to give you the virus, so your body can create antibodies to combat the virus. (you'll learn about it in high school biology probably).

While you may think hackers like this are bad, you may end up working for them one day,
Because they can do what you can only dream of.
Neko92
Veteran

by mattme1 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:26 pm

I know that and im in 8th grade so dosnt matter if an x-rayer wrote this it shows that now tweek wants to help the server.
mattme1

by iExspee » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Well... In all honesty, I find this new X-ray thingy really annoying, when ever you find diamonds, they just disappear. (or on most diamonds anyway).
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by legocatseyeguy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:26 pm

When a creeper explodes it makes a bunch of FAKE ores around the cave wall that last a long a long time so when I think all of the fake ones are gone, I'm like ooh diamonds but then i start to mine them and they disappear. D:
legocatseyeguy

Return to Help Desk and FAQ