[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Question about my "home area"

Question about my "home area"

Need help check here. Have advice for other players? Post here.

Question about my "home area"

by Chasmek » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:22 am

Is there any other way besides trial and error to determine where the boundaries for my "home area" are?

When I crafted a map, I noticed that the center point was not the location where the map was crafted (as I thought it normally is in minecraft), but it was a good ways to the south east from the crafting location.
Is my home area the exact size of the land displayed on the map? Does the map only show my area, and I just happened to be in one corner of my territory when I crafted it?

Also, I have seen some players get kicked from the server after building or destroying blocks in other people's territory. But when I've accidentally tunneled into someone else's land, I just see a creepy chicken and get a little server note telling me to ask permission. Is there a setting somewhere that determines whether someone will get kicked when doing stuff in my territory instead of just a warning?

Any help answering these would be much appreciated, thanks!
Chasmek

Re: Question about my "home area"

by huskeriniowa » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:45 pm

You can set your home anywhere by doing /sethome, the /home you have now is just a random area. You can automatically claim land when you build, so no one can break your stuff. There is also a /mine world that resets every month where you can pretty much tunnel freely. The chicken appears when you break blocks another player has placed. If you continue to break their blocks you can get kicked. As for the map, I do not know what is going on there. Hopefully this helped you! :)
huskeriniowa

by Chasmek » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:06 pm

So regardless of where I set my home location to be, and regardless of anyone else's home location, I can destroy any block that hasn't been placed by someone else? Then someone could place blocks in front of my house door and prevent me from entering because I can't destroy them?
And what's the deal with the messages I see on the server saying "ThisGuy broke a cobblestone block on ThisOtherGuy's land!" and then he gets kicked?

I'm not planning on messing with anyone, I just want to make sure I know how everything works.
Chasmek

by Nezark123 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:28 pm

Sure, those are totally fine questions.

First off, as for the map, I have absolutely no clue. Yep normally it starts the center where it was crafted, but I doubt it was showing your land.

As for griefing/breaking blocks, your land is established based on a certain amount of blocks you've changed in an area. I'm not entirely sure on that number, but you wouldn't be able to just place one dirt and have any land claimed. You can claim as much unclaimed land as you want, but you have to have made enough changes to it for it to be yours. In other words, someone would not be able to place blocks in front of your door because it is your land; they would get a warning and the blocks would be removed. As for kicking and banning for grief, you get a certain number of warnings from the anti-grief chicken, and the chat shows a message such as you described. If you continue to break blocks in the same person's land over a short amount of time, you get kicked, and it tells you, "this is your last warning." if you do so again, you are banned for 2 minutes.

Hope this helped, if you have any more questions, let me know!
Image ImageImage
Nezark123

by Chasmek » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Okay, thanks a lot!
Chasmek

by zuko135 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Since this is a multiplayer server (duh), maps only show a picture of random places of the server (idk y but it only works like that (maybe it is because since other players make maps u have someone's map of their spawn area and home place :? )
ImageImage
zuko135
Resident

by Chasmek » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:48 pm

No, it shows roughly the right area, but the spot where I crafted it is just in the upper left corner of the map instead of the center.
Chasmek

by pyrusbrawler30 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:48 am

I think this has something to do with 1.4

Maps can be expanded several times by surrounding it with paper in the crafting table. At first, it's a bit off, but as it is expanded it centers out. I THINK that's somewhat how it works....
pyrusbrawler30
Resident

by zuko135 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:00 pm

ImageImage
zuko135
Resident

Return to Help Desk and FAQ