chicken mystery

Need help check here. Have advice for other players? Post here.

chicken mystery

by punchyobuns » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:49 am

i had dozens of chickens in my farm, and they are all gone. pick log only shows 100 pages of me farming potatoes and wheat etc. mod sonic said it might have been zerg. can someone tell me whats going on? my pie store is crippled until i can get more chickens. i dont know why zerg would do that.
punchyobuns

Re: chicken mystery

by Nezark123 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:55 am

Once every so often Zerg kills 1/3 of all mobs in each chunk so as to allow passive mobs to spawn naturally again, otherwise we hit the spawn limit on the world, and no new players can start their own animal farms.
Typically though, as far as I've noticed, that wouldn't wipe out a chicken farm entirely. It's possible that was a contributing factor, but not the main reason.

I'd venture to say that most of your chickens suffocated to death if they were in a place where the chunk is often loaded. With all of the lag recently, the chickens push each other into walls, and instead of popping back out, they actually get killed and drop their items. Most likely a combination of this and the first thing is what killed your chickens.
Image ImageImage
Nezark123

by punchyobuns » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:41 am

thank you very much for taking the time to explain this to me. hopefully the pie store will be stocked soon!
punchyobuns

by TimmyTopHat » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:16 am

I NEED YOUR PIES D:
TimmyTopHat

Return to Help Desk and FAQ