[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Step by Step Guide: How to tame Horses and Donkeys

Step by Step Guide: How to tame Horses and Donkeys

Need help check here. Have advice for other players? Post here.

Step by Step Guide: How to tame Horses and Donkeys

by oAVortexAo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:51 am

Hello everyone! It's me oAVortexAo, and here I will explain how to tame the awesome HORSES and DONKEYS in the new update, 1.6.1 :D

Step 1: Find a horse. Horses and donkeys spawn mostly in plain biomes, so those are good places to find them.

Step 2: Tame it. First use your hand and right click it. IT MUST BE WITH YOUR HAND! Then you will ride on to the horse/donkey, most likely, it will kick you off :> LOL, just keep on doing it until it doesn't kick you off and shows the hearts that sheep make when they mate :)
If you just can't seem to tame it, just keep trying, the tame rate goes up by 5% every try.

Step 3: Customization! Only horses can wear horse armor, not donkeys (duh.) here is how to craft one:

BLANK BLANK ORE
ORE WOOL ORE
ORE ORE ORE

You can place armor on a horse by riding the horse and pressing [E], you can also hold [SHIFT] and right click the horse.

For donkeys, on the other hand, are tamed by the same method taught above, but they can only wear saddles, here is one of the big perks of having a donkey: You can right click it with a chest after you tame it, and a chest will appear on either side of it, now when you ride it and press [E], a space to store items will appear, now you can take these items wherever you go. :mrgreen:

PS: In the new update, all critters (like pigs, sheep, horses, donkeys, etc.) can be taken around with a lead, now if you want a animal farm, you don't need to lure it in with wheat or seeds, just simply right click a critter with lead in your hands, then you can pull it wherever you want, but I'm still not sure if that will work on a wolf sitting down, to let go of the critter just right click it with the lead again, the lead will fall to the ground and you can pick it up.

If you have any questions then post a reply! I will gladly answer! ;)
ImageJoin ODST, Fight for Humanity
oAVortexAo

Re: Step by Step Guide: How to tame Horses and Donkeys

by Epicface_2 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:09 pm

Horse Armor can't be crafted anymore. It can only be found in dungeon/village chests.

Epicface_2
Resident

by snowbrdd » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:22 pm

Dude... Look at the date this was posted.
snowbrdd
Donor

by masy1 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:04 pm

masy1
Veteran Donor

Return to Help Desk and FAQ