[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Teamspeak Revival Project

Teamspeak Revival Project

Teamspeak Revival Project

by Icefang113 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:10 am

So as a few of you might know (others not), Kreatious does have a Teamspeak 3 server. As I can imagine there are probably a few people wondering what Teamspeak is; simply put Teamspeak is a program that allows you to communicate vocally with other players from the server, similar to programs such as Skype.

"So why use Teamspeak over programs like Skype?"

There are several benefits to Teamspeak. First off it uses a client to server connection, this means that your computer communicates with the Teamspeak server. Other voice communication programs, such as Skype, use a peer to peer connection; this means that two or more computers communicate directly with each other to maintain a call.

"Why does that matter?"

There are a few benefits that a client to server connection has over a peer to peer connection. One of them is that if someone in a channel has a bad connection it won't affect anyone else but the player. In a peer to peer connection if someone, especially the host, has a bad connection everyone in the call will be affected. Another benefit of Teamspeak's client to server connection is that no one (except the admins) can access your IP, with a peer to peer connection anyone that you connect to can access things like your IP. Don't trust that shady guy who asked to Skype you? Ask him to hop on Teamspeak instead!

"Are there any other benefits besides its connection?"

Glad you asked, totally-not-me-improvising-questions! Teamspeak does provide numerous other benefits. One of which is that it provides you with a moderately safe environment for you to interact with other players. The server's rank system carries over into the Teamspeak server so if someone is giving you a hard time, in Teamspeak or the server, you can ask a mod for help. There are also multiple channels within the Teamspeak server, so if you want to talk to a friend in another channel or a channel is too noisy you can always hop into another one.

"But I don't have a microphone. :( "

No mic? No problem! Teamspeak has a built in chat feature where you can add to the conversation even if you don't have a microphone. Because of this there are many players who frequent Teamspeak and don't use a microphone. There are also instances where some players play their music for other players on Teamspeak, it doesn't require a microphone to listen to music. ;)

"But I don't have friends! :( "

Well, this got awkward, but this is where one of the biggest benefits of Teamspeak comes into play: this, of course, is the community. For those of you who do know me you might be aware that I've been on the server for a little over four years, one of the main reasons why I've stuck around is from the interactions with people I've talked to on Teamspeak. The times that I've been on Teamspeak a lot of the players have talked about things and told stories that they normally wouldn't talk about in game. From this openness you can better understand a player and, in turn, build bonds with them. I'd be lying if I didn't say that most of the friendships that I've built on the server were from interactions on Teamspeak. If you're interested in becoming more involved with the Kreatious community our Teamspeak server is something you should consider.

"So, why are you telling us this?"

As some of you might know, our Teamspeak server has been relatively empty these past few months, because of this it's my goal to get the word out about it and try to get more people on it. Overall, it's my goal to get more people onto Teamspeak and hopefully stimulate the Kreatious community a bit. The years that I've played on this server I've learned that there are a lot of good players who come on here, I've also seen a few bad players but when it comes down to it the good players often outweigh the bad. Due to this I think that Kreatious is probably one of the better Minecraft communities out there, I also think it would be beneficial for our community if we start re-utilizing our Teamspeak server.

TL;DR, Teamspeak is a client to server communication program that allows you to talk to the Kreatious community in a secure environment.

So, the question comes down to you now. Would you be interested in using Teamspeak? Would you be interested in Teamspeak nights where a lot of people come onto Teamspeak to talk and have fun? How about Teamspeak music nights? If so what times work best for you (be sure to include a timezone)?

Helpful links and F.A.Q. will be added later on.

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." -Frank Zappa
Icefang113

Re: Teamspeak Revival Project

by TimmyTopHat » Fri May 06, 2016 10:49 pm

I wholeheartedly agree that TeamSpeak is not utilized anywhere near as much as it used to be (or should be). I personally try to stay on TS even when I'm not on Minecraft, but rarely do I ever see more than 3 or 4 people online at a time, and even then only briefly.

If we are to push TS more heavily, I think we need to refine and more strictly enforce the rules of each particular channel. With so few people online, certain rules have been ignored such as unrestricted language in non-NSFW channels when there are only a handful of people present and hot-micing outside of the dedicated music channel (I've been guilty of these too, not saying I'm not). The addition of a NSFW music channel might be beneficial as well, to keep songs with more "extreme" lyrics separated.

A few handy links:
Connecting to TeamSpeak
Playing music on TeamSpeak
TeamSpeak Rules
TimmyTopHat

by Icefang113 » Sat May 07, 2016 12:11 am

Icefang113

by Nezark123 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:35 am

Help!

What if I don't have a microphone, friends, hands, or access to the Internet?
Image ImageImage
Nezark123

by Icefang113 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:39 am

Icefang113

by Nezark123 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:41 am

Image ImageImage
Nezark123

by Icefang113 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:42 am