Bye For Now.

Leaving Kreatious temporarily? Going on holiday for a week? Tell everyone here, so we know what you're up to!

Bye For Now.

by Damek928 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:01 am

Dear Kreatious,

Many of you probably don't know me, or at least you don't know me well. I have been on Kreatious for quite a few years now and had joined Kreatious when Minecraft was still in its beta days. Recently I haven't been on as much as I used to, because I was trying to find a new game that I would enjoy more than Minecraft. After spending a few months trying other games and probably wasting more money than I should, I ended up coming back to Kreatious. I still have yet to find a game I enjoy more than Minecraft and probably never will. I have spent thousands of hours on this game and am starting to regret it. I have realized Kreatious isn't the same as it once was, and I don't feel like I am welcome here anymore. Over the last few weeks a new rule was created on the server purely to prevent me from what I am known best for, killing noobs.

Story being that:
Spoiler:
While this seems bad I still followed the rules by having a sign saying there was a death trap. I had a clearly labeled trap in a house I built. A certain player purposely came into my house and died 3 times complaining to a mod each time that I killed him. The mod then came there and demanded I return the things, which I did. I believed that was the end of it, but the next day I recieve mail about changes in the rules. I noticed the trap rules was different that before. This rule had been around since as long as I can remember and now it had been changed. This really took a toll on me because trap designing and building was one of my favorite things to do, and with no new traps I was at a loss on what I could do on the server.

The next thing that has made me come to this decision was the removal of a building I worked hard to make.

Story behind that:
Spoiler:
I logged on to find that the moderators and some donors removed a shopping mall that I built in the end without my permission or even my knowing. I asked the owner, Zerg, about this and he told me that the signs were causing lag and he wanted the SIGNS removed, not the whole building. I figured this was fair and that I could put the mall away from the end spawn area. So I go to work on digging endstone to collect it to use on the new island where I was to build the mall. The area I was digging has belonged to me since the beginning of the end and I already had a railway there that I was going to improve. I removed the endstone with intention of replacing it with mycelium and glowstone (a previous design I used when improving the end). While working a mod teleported to either myself or one of the workers I had there helping with the project. I went home to grab a new pick and when I returned he had taken our permissions from the land and gave them to himself. He refused to let us continue working because they wanted to keep the end "natural" (there is many other building and walkways in the end so I don't see how they are keeping it "natural"). The mod then stated that he wouldn't let anyone build in the end without his permission even though the end is a public place. I had all intentions of covering the hole I built and making the area look nicer, yet he refused to let us build. Since the whole purpose of the server is to build and I am unable to even do so; I see no reason to stay.

The server has changed a lot over the years, and in my opinion it has changed for the worse. I have come to realize that way the server runs has changed dramatically. When I first joined the server, moderators were just like any other player and often lived in groups with normal players and were a bigger part of the community. Recently I have noticed that most of the moderators stay in there own group now. They live together, play together, and talk in ts together. While this doesn't seem bad, it is. They include only their select few, shutting out the rest of the server and their opinions. While there are still some mods that are friendly and work with the server and not against it, I feel that there is not enough for it to be worth me to try and remain. The server worked better when the mods were players, not dictators.

Seeing as I have run out of games to try and patience with Kreatious, I feel like it is time I move on with my life and do bigger and better things. I hope to stop by time to time and see if the server starts changing for the better. But until then I guess this is goodbye.

For Mods
Spoiler:
For those that were there for the whole "end deal", I am sorry for any problems that I caused and I hope we can move past this. I know I wasn't thinking straight at the time, but I really didn't mean any harm to the state of the end or to any of you. I just hope you understand that I was trying to work on something and I don't like when it is just taken from me without any explanation beforehand. If you want to fill in the hole you can take some endstone from my chests or just revert it, seeing as I am not going to be building my building for quite awhile.

I assume many of you don't care, or are happy I am leaving. If that is true then congrats.
Damek928
Resident

Re: Bye For Now.

by beanman1212 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:50 am

tldr
beanman1212

by masy1 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:07 am

:(
masy1
Veteran Donor

by emeraldcreeper10 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:48 pm

Bai Damek. At first when I joined Kreatious, way back in early 2012, I thought you were a straight up jerk. As time went on, I began to realize that you were clever and kewl. I remembered always going to PvP at old spawn and you hid in your secret, little base. I started talking with you on teamspeak, and soon I got your skype. I marveled over lots of your builds, your town, your CTF arena, and overall, your traps. We soon started playing HG together. I remember there was that one time where some people from Kreatious, you, and me all played a huge HG. We went to feast, and dominated it. After that, we had a huge FFA and we were the only ones left, and you beat me(I could easily beat him today folks, ;)). After your regular account got banned, I thought you were never coming back, but I learned that you had lots of alts, including applefreak2020. Zuko and I shared that shop with you, and unfortunately, your half got removed. As for you shopping mall, it was the biggest attraction in The End. I wish we didn't have to take it down, but I guess it's for the best. I can relate that Kreatious isn't the same, but I still have it as my #1 server. Out of all my friends that have left, you are probably the one I will miss most. I'll miss your stream and your fisherman skills, I'll miss your builds, and overall, I'll miss you. Good luck wherever life takes you, maybe you'll pop up on skype or Kreatious once in awhile. As for now, Bye old friend.
emeraldcreeper10

Return to Goodbyes & Inactivity Notices