ice storm

Leaving Kreatious temporarily? Going on holiday for a week? Tell everyone here, so we know what you're up to!

ice storm

by ShadyVale » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:33 pm

Last night my area was hit with another round of ice.
Power poles and trees are down all round the county.
They are estimating at least a week to get power back, so looks like I'm gone til then.
Take care everyone and I'll see you as soon as I can.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -The Doctor
ShadyVale

Re: ice storm

by VVX1000 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:47 am

generator! honda generator! and lots and lots of blankets with hot chocolate!

Stay safe and be back soon

Support Kreatious by:
1. Voting on PMC, MS and MSL!
2. Donating to the server, you get many cool commands and you get to know the server better!
VVX1000

by MotoChaos » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:42 pm

Hope all is well Shady, see you soon!
MotoChaos
Donor

by ShadyVale » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Quick update...

Decided to lockup my house after water pipe broke., I took my food and kerosene heater to my parent's house.
After 2 days of standing in line at Lowe's Home Improvment, was finally able to get
a Generac 5500watt generator. Have it hooked up at their house to keep the esentials going.
Yaaay for being able to charge phone.

My power meter pole gave up from excess line weight and snapped. Had an electrician
out today to give estimate. He's backed up and could be a week to get that back in.
Which still could be before power is restored. 17 counties went black from this storm.
We have 40 crews working in our county and the power company saying could still be
middle of next week before power is back. When that finally gets fixed, then will be tine to yell
at the phone company and cable to get those lines up for dsl and tv.

I'm bored out of my mind. I'll be glad to get back and see everyone.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -The Doctor
ShadyVale

by Neko92 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:55 pm

I miss you already. :<

Break out the saw and make an igloo or two. :D Pretend they are packed ice blocks... xD Remember, Imagination is the only border..

Spoiler:
Thermal Solar Panels... They greener cause no toxic emissions. Free installation (when available) if you forfeit the Government rebates...

Also should look into ductless heater/cooling unit. I know Mitsubishi is a manufacturer of one that can handle 5 zones... Uses refrigerant lines to transfer heat/cold to and from outside.
Neko92
Veteran

by YoshiUchiha » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:38 am

Hope your ok I'll see ya soon bud.
YoshiUchiha
Donor

by kenster1965 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:10 am

Hope all is back to normal Shade-Man.
Ken - Kenster1965

kenster1965

by TheKielEnforcer » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:58 pm

Can't wait for winter to be over. My place is pretty snowy too. Hope your power comes back on soon. See you soon!!! :D
How can you be sure that you never miss your target? Shoot first, and whatever you hit, call it your target.- Anonymous
TheKielEnforcer
Resident

by ShadyVale » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:05 am

I'm finally back.

Power was restored to my road on the 27th around 1:30am, was able to get a new meter pole up that afternoon and ready. Wasn't until the afternoon of the 1st that the electric company was able to come out and reconnect the main line.

All in all, everyone around my area was pretty lucky. A neighbor's giant oak tree uprooted and fell over her house. The branches took off some shingles, but the trunk missed by a couple feet of doing any major damage. From what I've seen around here, that was the worst to happen other than some trees blocking roads and lots and lots of branches in people's yards.

I still have some things to do in the coming days. Have to get under the house to fix the water line, branches to clean up, and have to finish taking down a few trees and replant new ones. The phone and cable lines are still on the ground. Luckily, the phone/DSL is still working. The cable not so much; was ripped clean from the house when the pole fell. No worries there though as the internet can provide entertainment until it's fixed.
ShadyVale

Return to Goodbyes & Inactivity Notices