[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Demote inactive veterans?

Demote inactive veterans?

Serious discussion about major changes to Kreatious happens here!

Re: Demote inactive veterans?

by V3N0M_123 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:51 pm

Retired rank would be pointless
V3N0M_123
Resident

by jbige7 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:15 pm

Yes, same with Moderators. If they're not active, we get people to take their place who are active.
-Jordan
jbige7

by Silly_v » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:47 pm

Silly_v
Resident

by V3N0M_123 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:33 pm

V3N0M_123
Resident

by Silly_v » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:48 pm

Silly_v
Resident

by V3N0M_123 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:52 pm

V3N0M_123
Resident

by jbige7 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:34 am

I say if we do demote them we give them a title that shows that they are an old/legendary player.
-Jordan
jbige7

by V3N0M_123 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:06 pm

V3N0M_123
Resident

by solarsteve » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:42 pm

I actually don't agree because I quit for about 6 months or a year... Somewhere around there and then I came back recently. I didn't leave to quit just wanted to play so other servers and then come back. So I don't see why we should, they earned it and from what I know it doesn't cause a problem.
solarsteve
Resident

by ShadyVale » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:05 pm

A new rank really isn't needed. There is already a rank in place to show a person has been active on the server a long time. It's called Citizen (300 hours and a year of active play, with no long breaks, to achieve).

As far as demotions, one of the requirements for the veteran rank, and I would hope the same for the mod rank, is that they are an active player. If they aren't active anymore, for whatever reason, why would they need the rank?

With veteran it really doesn't matter that much, as a veteran doesn't have many perks over a citizen.
Just drop them to citizen. If they become active again, they could be nominated for veteran if they continue to meet the requirements. If they get pissy about it and leave, they were already inactive so no loss.

For inactive mods, drop them to veteran. Promote a person, that meets the requirements, to fill the void to be able to help people. If they come back to be active again and want to resume the job, promote them to Cmod. If they remain active, they will work back up to full mod. If they don't remain active or get pissy about it and leave (they were inactive already so no loss), you already have someone doing the job.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -The Doctor
ShadyVale

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion