[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Demote inactive veterans?

Demote inactive veterans?

Serious discussion about major changes to Kreatious happens here!

Re: Demote inactive veterans?

by snowbrdd » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:51 am

I agree with getting the system revamped, however, the entire public voting system is flawed. Many residents don't notice the votes and if they do, its being advertised by someone who is generally a friend/buddy of the person in the vote. Doing anything to remove the rank will cause flack and generally bad press from it.
snowbrdd
Donor

by FPSrusher » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:13 pm

FPSrusher
Veteran Donor

by Nezark123 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:13 pm

The most likely thing that will happen with all of this is that we demote the veterans who aren't active, set a certain time that is considered "being active", and come up with a way to even out votes. More strict rules for voting and supporting will be enforced.

Although people who have obtained the rank would hate to come back and lose it, the thing most of you seem to be missing is, once you obtain the rank doesn't mean you should stop exhibiting the same characteristics that qualified you for it.

I.e. Once you are active enough and well liked enough to become veteran, you should at the very least maintain that level of activity and positive influence, not slack off now that you have done everything asked of you.
Image ImageImage
Nezark123

by ArjanLuvsNeytiri » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:45 am

We've seen that veterans can come back, like Alptunga. My guess would be that if a veteran comes back and he has been demoted, he'd just nag his way back to @Veteran. Maybe we can vote on who to keep or let go and cast off the profligates.
I am very good bad boy
ArjanLuvsNeytiri

by kieranchocian » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:22 am

Or maybe we can make it easier for someone to get re-ranked as veteran
kieranchocian
Veteran

by jbige7 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:57 pm

I think Veterans who haven't been seen/played in the last 6 or so months should be demoted. Italiasoccer is still a veteran and he made a post a couple of years ago that he is gone for good.
-Jordan
jbige7

by Minerdomera » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:06 pm

IMO vets should be demoted if no login for a full month, as well as 4 months with less than an hour of playtime
Minerdomera

by FPSrusher » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:45 am

FPSrusher
Veteran Donor

by morpher26 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:41 pm

I agree completely with FPS first post kudos to you fps

I do believe after you achieve vtn we have a set amount of hours over a set amount of weeks or days that you would have to play otherwise instant demotion this information should not be disclosed to vtns to avoid them playing that long and leaving I say this because it is almost insulting to hand someone vtn and poof gone forever

I personally think if we set a demotion time it should be like 3 months without a goodbye post telling us why you will be leaving for that time I also think we should take into account forums activity some people may not be able to get I game which again should be disclosed in the goodbye section

As for once we demote vtns I believe just demote them completely or not at all if we make it easier for them to get their rank back what's the point of demotion? No demote completely have to get in the vtn votes again by being voted again

Edits coming later sorry for lack of punctuation and spelling doing this in a rush on a phone
morpher26

by X_Kyro_X » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:01 pm

Although I feel like this is a growing problem, I do not think Demoting inactive vtns are the right way to do it. As a vtn myself, achieving such a rank was a great accomplishment for me (and for most of you guys too, I assume). Removing such an achievement makes my pride and joy into working for this rank wasted. I understand that some do not deserve the rank; however there are also many players, such as myself, who've actually worked for this. Maybe to some of you I'm just some old unknown vtn that runs a risk of losing his rank, but any gamer knows that if you lose something important you worked for, you're going to get pretty pissed off.

By no means am I saying that the proposed ideas are completely in the wrong. In fact, there are quite a few good suggestions and alternatives suggested in the thread (That new rank idea is interesting). Additionally, there are some vtns that are actually gone for good (italiasoccer and mattchuu are ancient), so I have no opposition against demoting those players. Upon reading previous posts, it seems like we're having a progressive discussion about the matter, but it's too early to tell a definite decision.

tl;dr- I don't like it, but it can be worked out.
X_Kyro_X
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion