[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - We will stop being rude to new players.

We will stop being rude to new players.

Serious discussion about major changes to Kreatious happens here!

We will stop being rude to new players.

by Romedy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:13 am

Title says it all. I think we are downright cruel to new players that join our server. I'm tired of it.

Look, I am not going to go on a long rant. Maybe no one will reply to my post. That's fine if they don't. Make sure you understand my words, however. As a donor I would tp to new players to find people running around and harassing a new player with voter commands. I would politely beg the players to stop it. As a veteran I would tp and demand players leave or threaten with a vote ban if they were being overly cruel.

But now, as a chat mod? "It's not your place." "We aren't breaking any rules." "We're just having fun..." So I am caught in a catch-22. I have no grounds to kick or ban anyone without them expressly breaking a rule. Morally this goes entirely against my judgement. Is this how you seriously treat a stranger you just met?

So I'll be blunt: Stop harassing new players. Period. End of discussion.
* If you want your server to continue to grow and thrive, you would welcome new players, be generous, and watch for the occasional player who appears mature and understands the game.
* If you are so bored that the only thing you have to do is harass a new player, consider asking their permission to play with them and help them build and gather.
* If you are dead set on acting like an ass to a complete stranger who came to our server to enjoy a semi-vanilla, grief-free environment and instead have you harassing them, be prepared for Romedy to not be so nice and forgiving anymore.

They came to Kreatious to be on a semi-vanilla, non-PvP, grief free server and, in my humble opinion, anyone who teleports to a new player and harasses them violates the major things we advertise as a server. If I find you doing this, repeatedly, in a malicious fashion, I will:
* Politely ask you to leave.
* Not-so-politely ask you to leave.
* Kick you as a final warning.
* Ban you.

If you don't get it by the 4th time, it is entirely your own fault. Take it up with Zerg if you don't like it. Consider yourselves warned...
Romedy

Re: We will stop being rude to new players.

by FPSrusher » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:51 am

Last edited by 007coolcube on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't swear
FPSrusher
Veteran Donor

by masy1 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:28 am

I know that I've gotten in trouble for this before, and people will probably bring that up and attack me, but I wholeheartedly agree with this.
masy1
Veteran Donor

by snowbrdd » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:04 am

I think that if anything we should remove the teleport function altogether. That or restrict it to a question based one. Where it is a request to teleport to you. The main issue is people not reading chat/rules and not typing /notp. If you can't force your way over there with teleport then they probably aren't going to harass them.
There's my two cents.
snowbrdd
Donor

by FPSrusher » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:46 am

FPSrusher
Veteran Donor

by snowbrdd » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:12 am

snowbrdd
Donor

by FPSrusher » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:25 am

Sure, changing the system will mostly stop people from abusing it, but it will also hinder all of us who actually like helping noobs, that would be a shame just because of a few bad players.

What Romedy was saying is "you players who are un-friendly to noobs will now be warned and punished"

I don't think you quite understand the amount of new people I have helped and gave a good first experience of the server, frankly I would not have been able to help them if they had to allow me to teleport over to them.

also there is a fair number of players that I have heard reports of them breaking rules (killing players without pvp, flyhacking, griefing) I have teleported over to them and seen if they actually were on not before taking action, none of them would have allowed me to teleport over to them and I would not have been able to upkeep the rules while the mods were offline.

What I'm saying is changing the system will be 'throwing out the baby with the bathwater' sure it will stop the bad players from bugging the noobs, but it will also stop all the good players.

I think the best way to go about this issue is deal just with the people who abuse the noobs, I still think the best way to go about that is give the mods some command that stops one player from being able to teleyport to noobs ever.

Or just, you know, make it a written rule, we could try that before breaking something that is mostly used for good.
FPSrusher
Veteran Donor

by snowbrdd » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:36 pm

That's the entire point, to stop users from abusing it in the first place. You stop it before it happens and it will help more and cause less stress than dealing with it after. Otherwise what would the point of anti grief be? It's there to stop players from griefing before a mod has to step in and fix it.
Why create more problems for mods to have to deal with when half of it can be solved prematurely.
snowbrdd
Donor

by FPSrusher » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:39 am

Thats what mods are there for.

also my points and opinions still stand.
FPSrusher
Veteran Donor

by snowbrdd » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:55 am

So mods are there to be slaves? Instead of allowing them some time to play for themself, we should intentionally make them have more work to deal with? Instead of implementing a simple system that can lessen it?
snowbrdd
Donor

Next

Return to Serious Discussion