[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Spicing Up Your Posts!

Spicing Up Your Posts!

Need help check here. Have advice for other players? Post here.

Spicing Up Your Posts!

by pyrusbrawler30 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:18 am

Hey guys,

Today, I'm going to give you some tips and thoughts on posting on the forums.

COLOR!!!!

Colors can make quite a big difference. Ever see a blank post about a town or clan that seems very bleak? Give it some color! Color makes things stand out. Picture this: a short paragraph with nothing too special describing something. Would you pay much attention or even bother to read it? Most likely not. Now if something was colorful and neat, It might catch your eye.

To use color, when posting something, highlight what you wish to give color. Then at the top of the post-box, click "font color", and then choose the color you wish!

BOLD, Italics, and Underlining!!!

Bolding stuff can give emphasis on an idea. Bold makes things pop out, in some ways even more than color.
Italics give things almost voice. they make stuff sound different... or dooooo they...
Underlining, well it's underlining. need i explain it?

To make something bold, underlined, or italicized follow a similar process to giving color. Highlight what you wish to bold, underline, or italicized, and then click the capital "B" in the top right, to italicize, do the same thing but instead, click the slanted "I", and to underline, click the underlined "u".

SIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZEEEE

Size can help you really section of things. It makes things look a bit more organized when used well.

To change font size, simply highlight what you wish to change. Now, look for the word "normal" in a small white box above the post-box. click the drop down arrow next to it, and select the size you wish to have.

EX:

HUGE
Large
Normal
small
tiny...

Organizing

Your

Spoiler:
words!!!!!

I used 3 simple buttons to do that, center, right and spoiler. "Center" moves things to the center of the page, "Right" pushes things to the far right of the page!
Spoiler:
Now spoilers hide things in your post

To use these follow the same procedures as the other things. This time to center click the "center" button on the top-right. to push things right, click "right", and to hide things with a spoiler, click "spoiler".

Simple things like these make all the difference when it comes to posting. Hope it helps you out!

NOTE: not all of the possible posting actions are explained here..
pyrusbrawler30
Resident

Re: Spicing Up Your Posts!

by demalition90 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:58 pm

You can change the numerical value when setting size WHEEEEEEEEEEE

demalition90

by pyrusbrawler30 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:42 am

That is true dema, but i figured it would be a first-timer reading this, so i kept it simple.
pyrusbrawler30
Resident

by zuko135 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:53 am

WEEEEEEEE
ImageImage
zuko135
Resident

by kieranchocian » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:36 pm

kieranchocian
Veteran