[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Share your interests of the universe

Share your interests of the universe

Anything that doesn't relate to Kreatious goes here

Re: Share your interests of the universe

by dritalia47 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:28 am

ill talk about the universe in a new subject
colonizing a new planet before earth is used up and we all die hard :3

So basically ive seen many tv shows and articles about this newly discovered red dwarf and it has a planet orbitingit that scientists suspect to have liquid WATA on it. Only problem is that it is 20 light years away.... ._. So basically engineers have started thinking of ways to make some super fast space vehicle to transport people to that new planet or any other planet that is discovered in the future. One of the major problems along with many others is......funding :/. Another funny problem is the ethical conflict it brings up. To make this trip thousands of infants would need to be placed in the ship because the voyage is so long and they would have to live their whole life on the ship xD. UNLESS we can somehow lengthen human life in the future.

I found this interesting and was just wondering what other people's thoughts on it were. :> I love watching the science and history channel about subjects like this and like to see other people who enjoy it as well :D.
Article on it: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2022489,00.html
"You cant kill me if im already dead. -suicides-"
dritalia47

by McCoy1996 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Hopefully light speed space travel will be possible in the future. Moving some people to another planet is essential to the survival of life. The more planets we hold life on, the higher the chance humans survive. Unfortunatekly many of the planets that can sustain life are to far away to get to in our lifetime. Hopefully in the future scientists will have enough knowledge to have the ability to lengthen human life. Or perhaps a wormhole might be a possible way to travel accross the universe? They are not good for time travel due to the possibily of a paradox.

That lanet needs to have WATA and aluminum! (sorry fuffy XD, we just love you accent to much)
McCoy1996
Veteran

by SonicFF7 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:28 pm

I don't really believe in any of that Big Bang stuffs, and I'm only posting here because McCoy practically FORCED me to!

I believe in Adan and Eve, and all that Jazz, and God made the Universe in 7 days.. That's what I think at least... REPLY! Say your opinions... WAFFLES
The consumption of babies enlighten me.
Spoiler:
Want to see me go down my line of ranks on kreatious, and random games I have? CLICKY

Thanks for the sig, Feir! ^
SonicFF7

by McCoy1996 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:49 pm

There we go sonic! Good job, good job! *Claps for sonic* The idea of this post is to express your opinion. Theories are what define the depths of the universe, so really, nothing is even proven to be true.
McCoy1996
Veteran

by Mythic316 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:10 am

NEVER eat a porcupine its just not humane: jhall5718

Mythic316

by McCoy1996 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:28 am

There is some proof of a big bang, since everything is moving out, there must have been something that caused it to be like that. One of the most basic laws is that an object in motion, tends to stay in motion, unless of course, acted upon by another force, such as gravity, another explosion, etc.

But a very great mystery is, what created the universe? How could something exist... Before there was anything to exist in?

Religion plays a huge role in how people think it was created... But of course every religion is different, with different beliefs, and different views. So how do we know which religion to believe is true? We don't... We just go with the flow, try to fit in with the normal people of the world. (I am not bashing religion by any means.) We definitely need more people that go against the flow. I don't really have a religion, so my mind is set free to dream differently. (please respect the way I believe, just like I respect yours)

Unfortunately I will never know what will become true about this universe we live in durring my lifetime.

Posibbly a higher person, such as a god, made a big bang happen? We will never know, hopefully in the next thousand years or so the human race will be able to figure it out... After all, anything is possible...
McCoy1996
Veteran

by kieranchocian » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:00 pm

I don't believe that humanity should learn the ways of the universe. We should live as we live. We haven't died off for thousands of years, why should we move planets now? Well; I do know the argument, but I think that if we are supposed to die off; then let us. It's what we were made to eventually do.

I do believe that there is a God out there, but I am not in a certain religion. I believe what I believe, which you can tell from the above paragraph. Anyways, that's all I have to say. I am not trying to troll the scientists btw.
kieranchocian
Veteran

by dritalia47 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:47 am

first of all i dont believe that it is even possible for humans to learn all the ways of the universe until something happens after death that none of us can even comprehend :3. I also think that if we want to keep humanity alive we have to move to another planet and that thousands of years is such a small fraction and it is only a matter of time before one of the many inevitable things happen that end the earth (but then again thats a looooong time from now :3) all im saying is that humans are always going to try to keep humanity alive and are willing to do anything to survive, its in our nature to do that. I also believe there is a God out there, but he lets us have our free will and explore life and the universe ourselves. It is in our nature to want to know all the answers and figure out everything, but then again thats not possible. Anway just wanted to throw out my general point of view about things xD.
"You cant kill me if im already dead. -suicides-"
dritalia47

by bondsmatthew » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:05 am

Now, I don't want this turning into a Religion vs. Science debate.. and some people getting hurt, etc.. so I'll shut up on that subject.

But McCoy! Go back to what I told you about the creation of universes.. and black/white holes. Now that you bring up the ever expansion of the universe, and an explosion.. ? :D
What I'm trying to say is, that theory is becoming more and more possible everyday.. That's the multiverse theory. I can go on for dayyssss about different things, but for nao, I bid you adieu.

Some questions I leave you with to ponder:
If light is both a wave and a particle, and we(sent something, not us as a species) went faster than the speed of light(it's been proven by scientists at CERN), then.. does that change our whole... just.. everything?
My thoughts:
Spoiler:
Just look at Einstein's equation: E=MC^2 where E is energy, M is mass, and C is the speed of light(Note: C^2 is the speed of light squared.) It means, that a body's total mass at rest(M) is multiplied by the speedof light squared; giving you the total internal energy capable by that object. However, if light is both a partcle and a wave, and the equation uses light.. implying the wave part(maximium possible speed obtainable), not the particle part... in my opinion it doesn't rule it out. HOWEVER, according to Einstein(his STR[special Theory of Reletivity]), c or the speed of light is the MAXIMUM speed at which energy can travel in the universe.. think about that one. Was Einstein wrong? About this? Everything? Don't know.
Just cause I want to, I'm putting the speed of light here: Speed of light squared is roughly 8.987 × 10^21 m^2 / s^2; that, multiplied by an objects mass... you get the idea, an object has much energy..

Could we be on a verge of a "Copernican Revolution"(Grats to you if you know what I'm talking about.)?
Spoiler:
Yes. Lol, I'll as this tomorrow.. I AM GOING TO TEH BEDDYBAI
bondsmatthew
Veteran

by tomvanberkel » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:48 pm

Just to see things in perspective, how big is our planet really?

tomvanberkel

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic