[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Share your interests of the universe

Share your interests of the universe

Anything that doesn't relate to Kreatious goes here

Re: Share your interests of the universe

by Fluffy977 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:49 am

A question I have always had though, is if EVERYTHING can be sucked into a black hole, does it have to be stationary, because, let's say we had developed something that could go the speed of light, which is.. possible, kind of.. choose for yourself. Would that escape? Since, it is going the speed of light, but then I guess you have the argument of it consumes light, so yes it could go in, but what if it was going at the speed of light, like going across it, not through it, but like going by the black hole, would it's path be changed to go INTO the black hole, or would it just go slightly off of course.

Forgive me if I make no sense.
Clans
Spoiler:

Ranks
Fluffy977
Resident

by McCoy1996 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:58 am

it depends on if it enters the event horizon, the point at where the black hole's gravity can start pulling on it. If something enters the event horizon, its probably not coming out lol.

This is pretty cool too. (Rated Pg-13)
McCoy1996
Veteran

by Mythic316 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:03 am

http://space.about.com/cs/basics/a/spacefaq.htm Here a really good site for anyone who has questions about space
NEVER eat a porcupine its just not humane: jhall5718

Mythic316

by McCoy1996 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:38 am

My dad actually said something that really makes you wonder. "Just look at the advancements in science in the past 100 years, or even 40 or 30 years. And just think where science will be in the next 50 years..."
McCoy1996
Veteran

by Jsblackout82 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:48 am

Welcome to 40 years in the future. I am John Connor the leader of the resistance. We built skynet to help us but within ten minutes of launch skynet became self suficient and began attacking the human race. I tried to prevent judgement day but i failed. Now i am fighting to survive. The machines have made numerous attempts on my life in the past but they have been thwarted by my buddy Arnie. Join the resistance today and help me fight those damn machines. Connor out.

This isn't a clan i'm just joking.
Last edited by Jsblackout82 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is Sparta!!!!!! "King Leonidas"
Jsblackout82
Resident

by dritalia47 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:27 am

"You cant kill me if im already dead. -suicides-"
dritalia47

by Jsblackout82 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:23 am

This is Sparta!!!!!! "King Leonidas"
Jsblackout82
Resident

by legolosarrow0726 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Hmm...If fifty years from now, SkyNet comes, we're all dead...Anyways, my interests of the universe!

My cousin tells me, that if you were to have twins, and make one stay on Earth, while the other gets shot around space around the speed of light. 30 years later, the two are examined. The one on earth is thirty, the other is fifteen, therefore, the faster you go, the less time affects you.(The next part is from a book)If this is true, if one were to ass the speed of light, soon, time would be affecting them so little, that they would go back in time! Yet, it is impossible to pass the speed of light. If somone were to acelerate the speed of light, then,going back in time would be in the realm of possibility!
legolosarrow0726
Resident

by McCoy1996 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:27 am

Going back in time is MORE than likely impossible. The difference between future and past is that the past is written down, and the future is just an idea. Lets look at it like the past is engraved in a slab of stone, it is immpossible to fill it back in, and redo it. Another thing I see wrong is that when you start traveling forward in time by speed, you would eventually stop traveling forward, and stop completely. But we do know that time can be warped by gravity. So maybe you could slip through a warp that is in time?
McCoy1996
Veteran

by kieranchocian » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:02 pm

Well, We can almost definitely say that time travel will never be released to the whole population. This is because there have been many events in mankind. Someone would have gone back into one of them and either been seen, or changed things. This would have got out to the world. What has happened will not be changed, as if it was changed, wouldn't have technically happened.

This leads me onto something; Can you change things in time if it were to be possible to travel through time? I ask this because, say you changed something, that would have been changed, right? Well, as it's changed, surely it wouldn't have happened in the first place, therefore you cannot change it. But, if you cannot change it, it still happens.

I'm not the scientist, but if you changed something, would that make some sort of new universe, one that has been altered due to whatever you changed, one that we clearly cannot reach?

That last paragraph may sounds stupid, but hey; science was made by saying 'stupid' things, which are in fact true.
kieranchocian
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic