[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Gaming Rig Help

Gaming Rig Help

Anything that doesn't relate to Kreatious goes here

Gaming Rig Help

by jack_addy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:36 am

okay so Im raising money to buy parts for a Gaming PC so I can build it and have a happy gaming life on it. The only problem is I don't have a job and I have to deal with school and to young to be taken seriously by employerers so I must make very little money doing the lawn and such.
Anyways Ive started looking into it and ive decided on these specs.

ASUS Maximus V Extreme motherboard - $370

Core i5 2500k cpu? - $200

Corsair vengeance 8gb DDR3 Ram - $40

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 1GB -$174

The others I have not researched such as the lesser stuff like the monitor, power supply, and cooling units.

So the problem is I don't know wether to get an i7 or i5. I understand that i7s dont help much with gaming just with video editing, Modeling, and other stuff like that, but Im worried that in the future games will start to come out and make use of i7 capabilities. However my motherboard is compatable with almost any cpu including core 2s, 4 cores, i3, i5 , and i7. and even some Amd ones so I can easily upgrade later but ill still be spending more money on the upgrade. I will sell the i5 if I upgradfe to i7 but im worried I might not get as much for it therefor loosing more money. Im pretty stable on the other specs but I still am not sure that those specs would be ideal in my situation.

Also I dun know if I should get the better solid state drive or the classic spinning hard drive. Money is tight so these specs might change.

Thanks for your help if you choose to do so.

jack_addy

Re: Gaming Rig Help

by ChubbyPikachu25 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:34 am

iunno,but i7 has a higher number, so i say it....ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
ChubbyPikachu25
Resident

by leftypitcher28 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:49 pm

For one thing... Do you even know what chipset your even going to use so it's compatible with your CPU? Do you know what power supply your even using? If you video card is cross compatible with your mobo. What about your CPU cooler is it the right socket type? And i5 is lower required gaming setup and i7 is for higher gaming I would sujest you get less expensive motherboard and get a better graphics card and find the right chipset. A.k.a do more research.
Get a nice 128 gb Ssd and mabey 1tb hd, windows 7 or 8.
leftypitcher28
Donor

by jack_addy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Yes, All of the items are compatable with each other. The "mobo" has processor support for Single core cpus all the way up to an i7 2770k. And the mother board is compatable with the gpu to.

jack_addy

by leftypitcher28 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:19 pm

... U mean 3770k? If so YOU ARE WASTING YOUR MONEY ON A 370$ motherboard p8z77-v lx lga 1155 only 130$ i5-3570k 220$ All together. Cheaper than that motherboard. If you know how to oc ram you can do that. Deffently a hight gtx after the first number. Such as a 480 is better than a 540.
leftypitcher28
Donor

by jack_addy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:26 am

Thanks, I think I'll research in a cheaper motherboard.P

jack_addy

by alan_x_zhu » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:59 am

Just to help a bit.

Higher numbers do not always mean better. For example, you can't compare a higher clocked i5 with a low clocked i7, they have a small change in architecture (although very similar). To me, I wouldn't research a higher priced graphics card, i would find cards that have the best performance to cost value. (use this if you're on a budget, most people are however)
alan_x_zhu

by alan_x_zhu » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:01 am

alan_x_zhu

by malandrix_bunny » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:13 pm

1 alan dun double post
2 jack... you better not put Linux on this pc...
malandrix_bunny
Resident

by jack_addy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:11 am

jack_addy

Next

Return to Off-Topic