[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Favorite Video Game???

Favorite Video Game???

Anything that doesn't relate to Kreatious goes here

Re: Favorite Video Game???

by SDOR3 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:40 am

Going to state two (Sort of 3, you'll understand later if you read on.) of my favorite games here (hope that's alright, seeing as others have done the same) Anyways, here they are:

Number one, I'd have to say The Legend of Zelda, The WindWaker. This game actually got quite a bit of hate for the type of graphics, being cell-shaded and all... however I myself found the game to be beautifully detailed, and eye appealing in most, if not every aspect. Game-play was amazing, and sword fights were brought to a new level, aside from just mashing the 'B' button. It was a fairly long game, considering it was for the GameCube, which is always welcome by me. (I do tend to prefer longer games). I personally loved the sailing mechanics you used to get between places as it actually required effort; there was little to no fast-travel/warps in this game. Aside from this, it was also the very first Zelda game I ever played, and my first game on the GameCube. (So I suppose it has a special place in my heart.) Even today, I'll still break out my game cube and play the game; it never seems to get old.

Number two Is another Zelda game, The Legend of Zelda, The Minish Cap for the Gameboy Advance. Sadly, I never got to play this game on the Gameboy advance, (I had a Gameboy, however never owned the 'game-pak' as I believe they're called.) How I came to owning the game was via a Nintendo 3DS promotional gift. (It was a limited time offer for people who bought a 3DS before Nintendo decided to lower the price.) Anyways, non the less I very much so enjoyed the game on the 3DS as it had a surprising amount of content in it. The controls were nothing to complain about, and it took the graphics style The WindWaker used. It also featured one of my favorite Zelda levels to date, which was, you guessed it; a cloud level. I won't go into details and spoil the level in this reply. (As some of you may want to play the game for yourself; as well as the level being near the end of the game.) However I will simply state that it was amazing and very well designed. On another random note, the game also featured my favorite Zelda item to date: The Roc's Cape, which enabled Link to jump, and glide of sorts.

On a bit of side note of my 'Favorite Video Game' I've been playing Fire Emblem Awakening recently and I do have to say it's one of the best games for the 3DS, in my opinion of course. Most of the game features a pixel-ish overworld, and when you're on the battlefield. One other unique feature this game has to offer is the ability to build relationships with the soldiers you have on your team, raising your relationship level enables you to fight better with your soldiers. One other thing that is noteworthy are, the cut-scenes in the game. They are simply phenomenal, of course once again in my opinion. (And considering it's on a handheld console, they look very nice.) In case you can't tell by the things I've said above it's an RPG, somewhat similar to Final Fantasy, however the best I can describe is, if you haven't played the game yourself that is, it's something like a mix of Final Fantasy, and Command and Conquer. Personally I've yet to decide my full opinion on the game as I haven't beaten it yet. (That's ONE reason why I haven't been on Kreatious much.) However, rest assured I'm almost done with the game and will soon be playing more. :3 Anyways, thanks for your time. (Anyone who actually read this massive wall of text.) and letting me state my opinion on 'My Favorite Video Game'.
*Edit: Forgot to state that Fire Emblem Awakening has absolutely amazing battle music... Especially during the longer, more important battles.
SDOR3

Re: Favorite Video Game???

by Nahuda » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:12 am

Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.
My favorite color is green. :3
Nahuda

Previous

Return to Off-Topic