2013 PC Build

Anything that doesn't relate to Kreatious goes here

2013 PC Build

by alan_x_zhu » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:40 pm

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1dscT
Parts List:
Intel Xeon E3-1240 4c/8t running at stock 3.4GHz, turbo up to 3.7 (basically an i7 without the IGP and lower TDP, much cheaper)
Asus P8z77-M Microatx mobo (going for a small build, also has individual fan controllers so that's nice.
Kingston 2x4 GB DDR3 1600MHz PC12800 with latency 9-9-9-24
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 64MB SATA III - build is supposed to be quiet, I don't mind waiting 10 more seconds to finish booting; an SSD is a waste of money to me.
Corsair H55 Quiet Edition Liquid Cooler This may seem like overkill, but the benefit is that I wouldn't need an exhaust fan, as the rad fan will act as the exhaust.
Fractal Design Define Mini Chosen as my favorite case, since it has a matte black finish on the outside, sound dampening sheets preinstalled, quiet case fans, a Mobo cutout, bottom-mounted PSU, and cutouts for cable management. Looks pretty nice. :)
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 Superclocked w/ACX cooler The most expensive part of my build, at $400 for a graphics card you can see that I put huge importance in graphics power.

a bunch of parts such as an industry-leading quiet (QUIET!) Noctua f12 fan for the rad; the static pressure and PWM function it provides is essential for drawing air across the rad. since my CPU draws a max of 68-69 watts, i can use the mobo 3 pin voltage control to crank down the fans and pump to as low as possible, making an extremely quiet system, while keeping cpu Tcase temps in check. I'm thinking of also adding in a hard drive silencer, as the Caviar Blue drives still make a fair bit of noise (30dbA!)
http://www.silentpcreview.com
alan_x_zhu

Re: 2013 PC Build

by jack_addy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:01 am

I got the same mobo as you... just not micro version.

jack_addy

Return to Off-Topic