71%
Idea #2
No votes
Idea #3
29%

Total votes : 7

Reply to lag on kreatious *Important message*

by iExspee » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Everyone I know has been experiencing really bad lag on kreatious Survival over the past couple of days.
We have quite a few options on what to do with this but I know three main ideas including one of them going out at all costs.

Idea 1 - Less Plugins
Plugins can create lag on Minecraft servers as you all should know. In my opinion kreatious has too many unused plugins such as the easter plugin, that I assume is quite a laggy plugin. removing some useless plugins could create slower lag but this will not entirely change lag.
Pros - Will create less lag, but not by a huge margin
Cons - Will get rid of less plugins, but keep in mind that these plugins will be useless or hardly used plugins

Idea 2 - Shut down server for a couple of days
This can be done with zerg and his console, how ever this may not make a difference in lag on the server and could perhaps be even worse for the server not being able to keep up with it's self. This one is more of a risk also annoying players causing them to quit.
Pros - Could intently bring the server up from the lag grave
Cons - Loosing some people due to this and being pissed off due to this shut down & could not even make lag better at risk

Idea 3 - Map reset
This is something that cannot just be discussed by this post, this will need to be something that the mods and possible veterans of the server will need to have a good discussion about. A map reset will surely solve this lag but it will come at a grand cost. For this if we do lead to this after a suspenseful amount of time with this lag I think there will be a lot of questions raised about this. What will happen to our items? What type of spawn will we have? How long until the map comes out? This is something that we will have to discuss as a server with voting down to veterans and staff.
Pros - New start. Solves server lag
Cons - People leaving due to time spent on 1.0 map, Stuff we have built has gone (stuff in chest may be able to be saved since zerg can just code it to like what he did on the 1.8 transfer to 1.0) & getting new items for the spawn and people raising a lot of questions.
*This Idea 3 will only come into consideration if lag isn't fixed over a long period of time*
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

Re: Reply to lag on kreatious *Important message*

by malandrix_bunny » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:59 pm

From what I see this is NOT a problem like these. Our server is perfectly fine CPU and RAM wise.
I dont want to be bringing up some mean idea, but I believe this is all a result of that failed reboot mccoy had performed about 3 days ago. We all know he did not mean to troll or cause any damage, but most people realize that they only got this type of lag after that reboot.

Edit: Cruiser has notified me that we are using 95% of the solid state drive :shock: Our real problem is a lack of donors. Please, we need you to keep the server running. I really do not believe that it is appropriate to make zerg buy all of this hardware with his own money. If you look closely, hes coding for us AND all of this stuff is for our entertainment. I hope you consider this message, please remember it.

~Bunny
malandrix_bunny
Resident

by McCoy1996 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:19 pm

The lag seems to be gone for most people now. Map reset? That is insane. We don't have materials to do a spawn better than what we have now lol.
McCoy1996
Veteran

by SonicFF7 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:36 pm

I never got any lag from the start, EVER, And it's already gone away for most people. And.. Map reset? That wouldn't solve the lag in the first place, it's not the map with the lag, or the plugins, you wanna know what it is?
Zerg was gone for days, coding for his schoolwork, map unattended. In that time, reboots happend, server fails, and lag, because he wasn't there to fix it. Now he's done, and none of the people really even have lag anymore.. So why do this? I don't understand it at all. So.. I say no to all these options.
Maybe make a "none of the above" option?
The consumption of babies enlighten me.
Spoiler:
Want to see me go down my line of ranks on kreatious, and random games I have? CLICKY

Thanks for the sig, Feir! ^
SonicFF7

by mattme1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:40 am

I haven't had any lag and think of all the projects and towns that you would have to rebuild if you reset! But then again it might be good to just have less plug-ins.

P.S. I like pie! :)
mattme1

Location: Oregon... You wouldnt need to know if you werent stalking me

by TheZaqwsxz » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:55 am

I don't have lag, but i see you lag. Many problems have been like this since like.. days and days. People that lag, i suggest just play creative. For now.
TheZaqwsxz
Resident

by supermariobubba » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:14 pm

idea 3. no questions
supermariobubba

by malandrix_bunny » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Ok well it seems that a .80% of people are only getting lag now. My lag problem has been solved too. And to those who want a map reset, you either do not know how much work was put into spawn and all cities, or you don't have much creations.
malandrix_bunny
Resident

Return to Archives