Salvaging and Abandoned Structures.

Salvaging and Abandoned Structures.

by Teslaterror » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:53 am

We need to set up a demoliton crew or something like to remove these abandoned houses (not ones that are in towns). They are rather discouraging for new players and take up alot of space, Zerg opening up a new continent is proof of it as well. I know it would be considered griefing but hell, its fun to blow up a crapshack house and serves a purpose, house cleaning

I have been finding structures that have been abandoned for at least several months, These structures are normally ugly as all get out or taking up alot of unneeded space. I say we foreclose on some of these ruins and loot their chests.
Teslaterror

Re: Salvaging and Abandoned Structures.

by ChubbyPikachu25 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:17 pm

Sure, as long as you know they're abandoned. Some people just don't build good. (Me) So their builds look deserted..
ChubbyPikachu25
Resident

Rule idea

by Teslaterror » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:55 pm

yeah, i mean if we clean a little bit around the server, we would probably get more permanent players.

I say we make a rule, if you are not on the server in 6 months, your home is capable of being griefed and your private chests can be looted as long as you request a moderator to bust up the locks, This is rule is applicable to only homes that are present outside a town.

This way, it encourages players to join towns and build large cities.
Teslaterror

by huskeriniowa » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:05 pm

I agree partly, I see many dinky dirt houses that haven't been touched for a long time. I think only very small structures should have this possibility. I don't agree with the exploding.
Last edited by huskeriniowa on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
huskeriniowa

by vini123 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:16 pm

Blow up or burn it down is not the way to do it if you ask me. Blowing it up would make a lot of mess and burning it down would leave blocks behind.
Read above what vini posted! :o
vini123
Resident

by ArjanLuvsNeytiri » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:48 pm

You're kind of giving me the impression that all you want to do a make some diamondz out of this.
I am very good bad boy
ArjanLuvsNeytiri

by SonicFF7 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:55 pm

huskeriniowa Wrote:I agree partly, I see many dinky dirt houses that haven't been touched for a long time. I think only very small structures should have this possibility. I don't agree with the exploding.

Possibly small structures, is the only way this would probably happen. Not blowing it up, or burning it down, either. Maybe breaking the locks in the house,(if there are any) and then revert it. Pretty much what Husk already said.

Tesla, the other day you were trying to get me to break locks in an old house JUST so you could get loot. I said I'm not doing that. You asked me about 5 more times, and then Zerg logged on, and saw what happened. He saw logs of you grieving that house. Using a dispenser to do it. You griefed it, just so you could make it look more abandoned, and get a Mod to bust up the locks so you could get loot. Apparently you did it for the money. Then Zerg banned you for 2 hours.
Considering that tale, I would not encourage this idea. People could make it look more abandoned then it is. Overall, this could cause problems.
The consumption of babies enlighten me.
Spoiler:
Want to see me go down my line of ranks on kreatious, and random games I have? CLICKY

Thanks for the sig, Feir! ^
SonicFF7

by Teslaterror » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:13 am

I was thinking that we can do the same thing except first one to find the abandoned homes and gets to pick their choice from the home's chest then it gets transported to a scrapyard area near spawn while the house gets reverted back to nature.

Its a money maker regardless
Teslaterror

by iAustralian » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:03 pm

I've suggested this a few times - Easy way to fix the problems is to have all items in the chest moved to a Recovery chest, somewhere at Spawn or with a Teleport - Obviously, we've already got Plugins capable of doing chest-private changing, but in a small chest. Simply by having multiple chests', and having some sort of command for Moderators such as /revert (chest number) it would work much better. Looting the Chest is really the only downfall, which is what tesla has done. Honestly, if you're only in it for the odd Diamond you might get Tesla, then I'm more then happy if you left if it mean't another joined.
[[Insert Inspirational Quote Here]]

Origin ID: vMrLegacy (Currently only have Battlefield 3, next game will most likely be MoH: WF, so if you have either, add me)
Steam: Colon-Apostrophe-Capitalized-C (Long story, just add it)
iAustralian

by Teslaterror » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:35 pm

Well its kinda a waste if a player isnt going to comeback to get their stuff, I mean someone could have use for whatever is in that chest, hell if a newbie finds one, he has more incentive to stay because he's got loot now.

its also an incentive for players to explore the map and see what people have built thusforth inspiring them to build something awesome of their own.

Yeah australian im in it for the odd treasure and building materials.

I got an idea, If a moderator/admin gets to a chest first, He fills a dispenser mechanism in spawn above where the player spawns in and when it gets full, we have a huge drop party of gold, iron, diamond, ecetera. If a player gets to a chest first, he gets whatever he can take with him then a moderator comes in and takes the chest away.
Teslaterror

Return to Archives