[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Scammers

Scammers

Scammers

by FINNGGAL » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:49 pm

I know a few of you have probably had problems from scammers. Just today, I have been scammed by fender74. I was at my friends XP grinder, beating up some creepers, and a red music disc appears. I say 'YES!!! GET IN THERE!! A RED MUSIC DISC!!!'. I then think, why don't I sell it! I might get some diamonds! :D So i say, who wants a red chirp music disc? And him and another guy say 'YES ME' So i say name your price. Some people say redstone, some say 1 dia, and then someone says 'An enchanted diamond sword!'(fender74). So i say what enchantment? And he says, anything, I'm level 104. So i say, get me a decent one. I'll be waiting at a trade booth. I come along, put the music disc in, and he put a Sharpness I stone sword in. He takes my music disc as well. I'm like What is wrong with you! Don't scam me! :evil: He then teles home. I am like so angry right now. :( please help me :evil: :evil: :evil:
Yay! Ric's user bars work!
I feel so old, so many people who I have never even heard of on this server.

How can imagination be a border?
FINNGGAL
Resident

Re: Scammers

by aceflamingo23 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:30 pm

man that happen to me once too, except some guy told me that he would give me a stack of coal for a dia and he gave me one coal and teleported away! man that was cheap mods should do something about this.
aceflamingo23

by SonicFF7 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Here's an idea:
Don't give them your item until they show you they have theirs', and it's available to you. That's what I always do... ._.
The consumption of babies enlighten me.
Spoiler:
Want to see me go down my line of ranks on kreatious, and random games I have? CLICKY

Thanks for the sig, Feir! ^
SonicFF7

by Irish_Ninja » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:16 am

This is why I think a /trade command would be helpful to us. Sure, trade chests are nice, but they really can't be set up in spawn, where 99% of trades take place. And spawn trade chests are completely on the honor system; we just assume that both parties will be honest enough to give their share of the bargain. Not to mention, they get used so often, it's nearly impossible to tell who's traded what, and who's telling the truth when these situations arise.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by harshlife » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:08 am

Given that we use the honour system, I feel there should be some method of branding people who have scammed people, if we're not going to beat them with the hammer.

Maybe a sub-resident rank? Outcast or something.

RSD@ carries a bit of trust.. "They've been here 30+ hours? Well, they're probably not as likely to rob me, they have something to loose".
I'd be very dubious about trading with a default, residents not so much.
If they cant uphold the resident status.. take it away!
Highly Inactive at the moment.
I can be found here though. If you sign up, message me and I'll get you started.
harshlife

by kieranchocian » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:48 pm

I agree with harshlife. Maybe they have to get another 30 hours to regain their residency? I'd also like this if someone has been banned; unless proven not guilty of course (or a minor ban).
kieranchocian
Veteran

by FINNGGAL » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:05 pm

Well thanks for the advice guys but I try and satisfy default and get my name known by trading with them and getting to trust them, but some of them are completed asses :evil: :idea: and i really think we do need an 'OutCast' rank which shows which players are untrustworthy. :idea: :idea: Also, I think if this idea succeeds, there should be a /outcast <name> to see if a player has ever been outcast. You could also add a /rank <name> command which shows a person's ranks from, say, 2 months history. I don't know whether this is possible, but I would like it to be. :idea:

FINNGGAL
Resident

by aceflamingo23 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:18 am

aceflamingo23

by TheZaqwsxz » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:49 am

It's a great idea, ace. What makes you think it's a bad idea? ._.
TheZaqwsxz
Resident

by FINNGGAL » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:40 pm

He doesn't want to be an outcast but at least I know now not to trust you... :o

FINNGGAL
Resident

Return to Archives