Suggestion: Tagging your friends

Suggestion: Tagging your friends

by harshlife » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:19 am

Problem:
With the increased number of players of late, chat moves pretty fast at peak times. Now its easier to pick out a name in Donor Blue or Cmod green, but distinguishing between residents and defaults can get tricky.

I propose a feature or command that lets you tag people you're talking to, or indeed your friends to appear in a different colour to make them easier to see when they're chatting with you (or indeed other people in /g).
Coloured name tagging would let you easily find people you want to chat with without having to enter /ch 3 or something, making it much easier to stay in contact during building projects.

I know that presently theres /lesschat and private messaging, but /lesschat means you might never see them sign in again and private messages might occasionally be unnecessary.

As an example of how this might be sucessful: Its much easier to spot that you were mentioned when the chat automatically flags your name in green for you.

Anyone any input/feedback? Like it? Its unnecassary? Any feedback would be nice :) (except bad feedback, which wont be nice but might still be useful).
Highly Inactive at the moment.
I can be found here though. If you sign up, message me and I'll get you started.
harshlife

Re: Suggestion: Tagging your friends

by strider1997 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:11 am

Hmm, I kinda like the idea.

However, it's pretty much the same as having all your friends join a chat channel, and just using /me to talk in global.
strider1997
Resident

by c0dyb » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:20 am

^see above post for valuable information
c0dyb

by zerg960 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:48 am

Suprise! Tell all your friends (or people you're talking to)...
..(Gasp)

Type /ch c6 (or c5 or c4 or c3... etc.)

..and you can see your friends! :O
Kehe! Ftang nga! Aynga neto rivikx! Tse'a srak? Eo ayoeng lu txana tìkawng. Eo Eywa oe 'ia. Oel ngati kameie
zerg960
Veteran

by cruiserman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:27 pm

I knew someone would bring this up and I guessed Zerg.
I like tacos. Why you no like tacos?
http://imgur.com/ayVDmPq<< zerg
cruiserman
Veteran

Return to Archives