Expand The Map?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes : 22

Re: Map Expansion?

by iExspee » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:14 am

Neko92 Wrote:Expand... sure why not as long as it doesn't cost more (money, disc space on server's drives, etc) or cause issues such as people claiming temples and stuff that tend to be rare, which may lead to fights. (Dare I bring up the issue about Those who thought claiming "The End" to themselves was a good idea?) Also expanding with a 1.3 seed would make the transition look... like a cutaway? or create ugly 2D mountains... whatever.

As for the Map Reset.... I still don't know where you heard that from, partially thinking you started it. Where ever it came from... I don't vote No to it. I vote Hell No!

Neko, I didn't start this map reset conspiracy, I first heard it from Arjan, I am not sure how he knew this though.
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by briley0407 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:24 pm

vini123 Wrote:IF we would expand we should wait till the next update so we might get some Temples and such. just something i think should be a reason to wait :D

Exactly there will be temples and such.
^steam account friend me C:
briley0407

by SDOR3 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:23 pm

I agree we should expand the map, we need more biomes and other places to build, I hope it gets expanded. :D
SDOR3

by gotmilkguy84 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:26 pm

yea it gets annoying having almost EVERYWHERE u go, SOMEONE's either explored it, built on it, or just left a project there and never finished/logged in again or something like that
gotmilkguy84
Resident

by vini123 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:14 pm

There actually is unclaimed land. You just have to travel there. When i buuilt skycity i traveled a FAR distance to get a nice area and it turned out well. Maybe go for a nice travel sometime ;)
Read above what vini posted! :o
vini123
Resident

by iAustralian » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:04 am

I say yes, if my opinion actually mattered lol - With the new 1.3 up-date coming up they'd coincide perfectly, with the new Jungle Temples ect.

Yes, there is a lot of area un-claimed, but mostly in the last 1000-500 blocks of the map, barely any room for a City and much too far were your friends to come on.
[[Insert Inspirational Quote Here]]

Origin ID: vMrLegacy (Currently only have Battlefield 3, next game will most likely be MoH: WF, so if you have either, add me)
Steam: Colon-Apostrophe-Capitalized-C (Long story, just add it)
iAustralian

by mattme1 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:35 am

I'm all over map expansion except about 1 thing. If we expand than it may cause more lag and people will just build a huge wal
Over a place they won't use just if they want to later. My answer is NO
mattme1

Location: Oregon... You wouldnt need to know if you werent stalking me

by Neko92 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:42 am

iAustralian Wrote:Yes, there is a lot of area un-claimed, but mostly in the last 1000-500 blocks of the map, barely any room for a City and much too far were your friends to come on.

on the plus side... you and friends wouldn't have to deal with griefs as much because most Griefers not willing to go far without fly or speedhacking, which they get banned for. So... the further out, the safer you are. Compare the nuber of griefs between say HN (right next to spawn) and Skycity (over 1500 from spawn)
Neko92
Veteran

by calcalkid2000 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:13 am

i really think we should get a map expansion, a few days ago i was looking for un touched land to start a town, the only spot i found was 1825 blocks off the very end of the spawn road.... its gonna take a me a lot of rails to make that path, e.e anyway, i hav heard everyone complain about the map being too small, so yeah i really want a bigger map :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
calcalkid2000

by iAustralian » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:58 am

on the plus side... you and friends wouldn't have to deal with griefs as much because most Griefers not willing to go far without fly or speedhacking, which they get banned for. So... the further out, the safer you are. Compare the nuber of griefs between say HN (right next to spawn) and Skycity (over 1500 from spawn)

I won't argue :P - But, happening to venture out to the map border to be safer from greifers is a little disheartening.. 'Specially since most new comers expect OP and 10 stacks of Diamond Blocks..
[[Insert Inspirational Quote Here]]

Origin ID: vMrLegacy (Currently only have Battlefield 3, next game will most likely be MoH: WF, so if you have either, add me)
Steam: Colon-Apostrophe-Capitalized-C (Long story, just add it)
iAustralian

PreviousNext

Return to Archives