Poll: Get rid of creative server or not

Do you think we should get rid of creative server or not?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 51

Re: Poll: Get rid of creative server or not

by Shadowofrsr » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:41 pm

For me at this point the Creative Server is the only reason I still play here. I got tired of survival its not fun for me anymore I want to build things. Lots of huge massive things that in survival are either flat out impossible or would take so long as to be ridiculous beyond all belief. So I feel we should keep it.
Shadowofrsr
Resident

by stickguy7 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:12 pm

Yes for a couple of reasons.

1. The server costs too much to run, it would be a lot easier to only pay half which would require only half the amount of donors.
2. It also allows survival to expand if it even needed to(aka map expansion, better hardware for less lag. higher player count)
3. Creative has started to lose its fun factor, what i mean is it gets boring after a while.

No for one reason.

1. Good place to test out different layouts of structures, but isn't that what single player is for?
stickguy7
Veteran

by jttx2 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:30 am

I say get rid of it!

I used to be the only one on it...but now I know why...it's boring! Plus now that 1.0 survival is out, who cares about it? (Even though I have a lot of important stuff on it)
Join Blob Now!
jttx2
Resident

by SonicFF7 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:25 am

Get rid of it.
Barely anyone plays on it anymore, because of 1.0.0.
We'll save huge amounts of money.
It's boring.
It's just over all useless.
Get rid of it.
The consumption of babies enlighten me.
Spoiler:
Want to see me go down my line of ranks on kreatious, and random games I have? CLICKY

Thanks for the sig, Feir! ^
SonicFF7

by zerg960 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:19 am

I'm going to see if I can host creative from home using dedicated hardware. (AMD Phenom II X6 2.8Ghz, 16GB of DDR3 RAM).

This'll cost up to 100$/mo less per month, and will still allow for relatively unchanged performance on creative.
Survival will be moved to creative's hardware (The current creative server has an SSD.) and the lease on survival's hardware (the non ssd hardware) will be terminated. (This means survival gets an upgrade.)

I'll have to do this during winter break, or it won't ever be done.
I do not have a hard drive fast enough to handle the demands of creative.
The power at home isn't 100% reliable.

The catch:
- I have to pay the difference in the internet bill (possibly up to 50$/mo)
- I have to buy an SSD (this one, or similar)
- I'd like to buy an UPS. (this one)

Which means I'll still need about 290$ in donations for december and january; (about 30$ less than the current plan), but feburary'll cost 220$. :3
Unless someone wants to donate the hardware. :>
Kehe! Ftang nga! Aynga neto rivikx! Tse'a srak? Eo ayoeng lu txana tìkawng. Eo Eywa oe 'ia. Oel ngati kameie
zerg960
Veteran

by hommelgardigan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:31 am

Yeah just get rid of the creative, its boring and gets griefed too much
LOL i accidentally voted no
but yeah get rid of creative
(not that im happy to lose all the stuff ive built or anything)
I Am The Chef Of Building
hommelgardigan
Resident

by follet8 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:44 am

i'm completely okay with getting rid of it... but i built a couple of things i want to remeber, so, if it gets removed, i hope we could download the map. :D
follet8
Resident

by Zeenoo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:43 am

I'm putting no. Creative was great to keep us out of the funk while waiting for 1.0 to drop, but now it's mostly stagnating. I think zerg should back up the map just in case, and if we can't get the home-hosted plan setup, terminate it.
Zeenoo

by tempestfeir » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:13 am

It was a hard decision but I voted yes to remove it, As I see it it was #1 a contingincy plan for what krisst may and did do, #2 a map to wait out 1.0.0

That being said creative does have it's uses, testing out of designs, making sure that even the veterans of survival still have a place to crash and burn and build something amazing without waiting months to gather resources.

But over all, the server is overrun with pixel art, and those really stupid player statues...

Knowing zerg he has backups for the entire time creative existed, so let us delete it for now, untill we can generate the revenue either by convincing players to donate who can, or through advertisments on the webpage
tempestfeir
Resident

by jbige7 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:28 pm

I agree my first reason is because minecraft isn't ment to be played in Creative mode,It's ment to be played in survival mode.My other reason is...We won't be able to afford $300 a month and with the survival server only up we will have less Money to donate :/ That's my reason :D
-Jordan
jbige7

PreviousNext

Return to Archives