Mod votes?

Do you think it's a good idea to let the community have a say in new mods?

Yes
32%
No
64%
Within reason (reply reason)
5%

Total votes : 22

Re: Mod votes?

by SirDukem » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:41 am

makes perfect sense irish_ninja.

Having zerg run the query of names by hours played and votes within the last month really helps by mentioning names we may not think of.

But we are still a 'new' server, with a changing community. We are starting small, and branching outwards, so I think eventually more time-zones will be filled in. It's like moving a to a new city. You learn the area around you first, then you can start learning parts of the city a little further and a little further away until eventually you know the whole city.

Think of the city as time zones, if we can get somebody promoted that plays 1-2 hours later than the current mods/vets, then they can start referencing people, and it will be a chain reaction until it comes full circle all the way around the clock. We just have to give it a little time :)
SirDukem
Veteran

by Mythic316 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:42 am

If you ask me if the community had a right to choose who should be mods, there could be a high likelihood that someone who would be a better mod than another one would not be voted for and the other one would become a mod just because of popularity. So i say no to this and that only the staff should be voting for other mods
NEVER eat a porcupine its just not humane: jhall5718

Mythic316

by jbige7 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:44 pm

I say no :3
-Jordan
jbige7

by eli7613 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:31 pm

No, because the staff have experience and they know who to choose... if the community chooses they will just choose who they like based on friends and popularity and it wont be picked fairly so this should be left for staff to do.
Image Image
eli7613
Resident

by SirDukem » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:43 pm

Ok, I've made up my mind finally, and I voted No.

I don't think people should be mentioned and then voted on by the community or staff.

I think it should be left to staff recommendations, and discussed there -- because people will see that people want them as mods, but the staff may not feel like they're qualified to be mods, and it's always hard to tell somebody that. I've brought up several names in my time of being a mod, for people that I felt would be great staff. Some were promoted, and are great staff, and some have died out, or never joined the new server. Others were shut down, with valid points from other staff with why they would not be good staff.

With the 1.0 map out, it seems all staff are currently active, however with SW:tOR out, I assume there will be a decline in my own, and italiasoccer's activity. I have been watching current veterans with scrutiny to see who I feel would be a good person to moderate the server, and I'm sure other's have too. I just don't think a poll is the thing to do.
SirDukem
Veteran

by Snakejay » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Alright i we've come to a decision :3 mods feel free to archive and/or delete :p
Snakejay
Veteran

by HovR » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:58 pm

We don't archive, so I just locked it. :3
HovR
Veteran

Previous

Return to Archives