[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - End Portals

End Portals

Do you think it's right for people to lock up the end portal for their own selfish use?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:37 am

unlock the portals for everyone to use
90%
let the portals be locked up to certian people
10%

Total votes : 51

Re: End Portals

by Irish_Ninja » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:26 am

I also vote yes. There is no reason why an individual player can claim ownership to something so limited as End portals. It's ridiculous.
It would be one thing if you could make personal End portals... But when there are only 3 in the map, and they're all monopolized upon, there's a problem. And I wouldn't blame any players who decided to dig around a privatized door to access one.

Maybe if there were some kind of 'regen world' for the ender dimension, or if it were reset every month or two, like the nether is, it wouldn't be such an issue.

Another way this could potentially be remedied, is if Zerg put in a pubic-use End Portal in spawn? Of course, that's just a thought.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by Neko92 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:38 am

+1 @ Irish_Ninja

In-game donor chat we were talking bout it.
My thought was for good of server either:
A) Spawn blocks (id 120 i believe) to build public end portal and destroy other
(OMG?! did he say spawn blocks?! Yes... to avoid anarchy on rather un-moderated server)

B) Destroy all portals and treat the end as we would the skylands... A world inaccessible on survival. Therefore discontinue to have it. =[

To add...
Yes a regenerated end would be cool... But still doesn't stop it from being claimed by individuals and their friends.
In case anyone doesnt know about my work in 1.7 Lava City... I moved ALOT of ores with pistons, Maybe with build permissions I could piston the end portal blocks to spawn with some minimal help? If they can be pistoned that is.
Neko92
Veteran

by Irish_Ninja » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:25 pm

My major concern with the situation we have now, is that Endstone is essentially a monopolized resource. Without breaking into 'personal' end portal rooms, you're forced to purchase it off players who can access the dimension. And because of that, they can charge jsut about whatever they want for it. I think that is just all kinds of wrong.

Frankly, I think it's greedy, and certainly not in the spirit of the server, to find something that could be used by anyone on the server, and say, "Nope, this is all mine! If you wanna use it, you gotta pay me!"
Irish_Ninja

by McCoy1996 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:39 pm

you can't move an activated end portal with pistons, i've already tried. and I don't know about an unactivated portal.
But of course there are not any unactivated portals on the map, so the only way to get one in is to spawn the blocks.
Can you pick up the blocks with silk touch?
McCoy1996
Veteran

by limabear » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:16 pm

I think just create another one at spawn, and leave the ones the other people have to themselves. Plus the one SharkLordJD has is part of Dragonsreach, destroying that essentially ruins the whole feel of the place.
limabear

by mattchuu » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Maybe we can suck up our uneeded pride and just spawn in some dang portal blocks. :lol: :roll:
mattchuu
Veteran

by malandrix_bunny » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:48 pm

I believe that they should be priced for entry... ehhhh 10 diamonds and it gets regened so that we dont lose all the stone :D
malandrix_bunny
Resident

by SharkLordJD » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:34 am

I recently talked to zerg about this topic and i understand the arguments of some of those who are complaining.

First, I claimed the stronghold as a city therefore claiming the portal in turn. There were those who wanted to ruin the end and stronghold and I was determined to make sure that would not happen. Dragon's Reach is not fully up and running yet. THAT is the main reason i have not opened it to the public at the moment.

Second, letting people run around ripping chunks out of the ONLY End is not a smart thing.. I have already run into problems with people mining 10x50 holes and tunnels out of the endstone. It was said by zerg that we may respawn the dragon every so often to have dragon fights and allow the availability of the end to those who wish to fight the dragon or look around.

My suggestion is that we create an End for the regen map. That way, end stone will still have value and so will blaze rods and ender eyes. It will allow people to have to go through the adventure of finding the strongholds again, fighting through the silverfish to get to the portal, and activating the portal to fight another dragon every time. This is the best for the market of kreatious, for the gameplay of the communities, and for the protectiveness of the end and strongholds.. those who witnessed the destruction of the second stronghold know what i mean when saying that.
SharkLordJD

by Irish_Ninja » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:25 am

Irish_Ninja

by stickguy7 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:15 pm

I think Zerg960 should roll back the End for the main map, and have it setup so that battles and only battles can take place there. Then, he can just create an End map for the /mine world that is different from the main maps End world, that way, people can still farm Endstone, without screwing up the experience of being able to fight a dragon. That way, everyone can be happy, and still have their Endstone and Dragon Egg to share/use.

If you didn't understand what I said above for whatever reason, my suggestion is to make another End map so there are two end maps. One for battles, one for mining.
stickguy7
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Archives