[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Combining Major Server Problems Into One Thread

Combining Major Server Problems Into One Thread

Re: Combining Major Server Problems Into One Thread

by bondsmatthew » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:39 pm

Not sure if anyone is aware, but the godmode, or GM, used to be.. Well, good. Ie: you wouldn't ever die. Ever. Only when the plugins were reloaded.(if you happened to be in lava, or TNT, big fall.. Etc) Then, Zerg made a new godmode, whic wasn't bad. But wasn't good. Basically, it gave you 100 heartsin front of those 10. So you had extra health. That.. A lot of moderators didn't like. The only reason: death whilst grief.
I personally lost, with that godmode, 6DB and roughly 9 stacks of ironore. Tp'ing to flyhsck alerts, and those 100 hearts failing on me. I know Merirox lost some, as he was the leader of The Hamptons(expensive). The point being, it failed. Not to mention, remaking diamond and iron swords, compasses and pics every time we died.

Why am I telling you this? Zerg doesn't like the GM in which you don't die. I don't blame him.. That's why he made the other GM. bukkit limited the amount of hearts you could have, to 20. That's it. Just 20. We can't use his, and he dun' like the other one.
bondsmatthew
Veteran

by heisan213 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:45 pm

I tried /god a few months back, just to see if it was a registered command. And it turned out to be, so I bothered Zerg about it until he ported to me and put me in a pool of lava with his version of godmode on. I'm not sure but, it seemed like I didn't take damage from the lava, but when he spawned in silverfish I took damage. Maybe that was the 100 extra HP or some new GM he made.

Vote for kreatious now! \/
heisan213
Resident

by stickguy7 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Has anyone ever playing any of the Elder Scroll Games, If You did, you would have a better understanding of what I am going to say, otherwise, I will explain it. When a person griefs and dupes/steals a block from a persons house, after being banned/kicked, They should have all of the blocks they have duped or stolen removed from their inventory kinda like in Oblivion when you get caught you get send to jail (KICKED/BANNED) and you have to wait out the time in jail(TIME OF YOUR BAN). When you get out, all of your stolen goods(ITEMS YOU DUPED/STOLE) are taken by the guards(ADMIN/MODS) and placed in their chests. Only if this case where the server was unable to detect what items in their inventory were duped/stolen, they should just have everything confiscated, except for the clothes on their back. Kinda like Grand Theft Auto Games were if you are caught and send to jail. You lose all of your weapons/ammo, which would be your inventory.

If there was a way that zerg can find/create a plugin that will detect items and mark them in player's inventories if they have been detected by grief. For example, A griefer walks into my home and takes my diamond block in my vault . The diamond blocks is respawned, and the griefer is warned not to do it again. The server would then check to see if the player has a block in his/her inventory that they have received within 5 minutes that matches the block stolen/broken by them. It would then proceed to seperate that item from the rest of their inventory and the server would take it and dump it in a stolen/duped box at spawn, which could be used to fix future griefs that were unable to be detected by this system. If anyone has any better failsafe ideas for this idea to help the serve be able to detect the grief and stolen item better, please say so.
stickguy7
Veteran

by Fluffy977 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:50 pm

Before anyone says, looking into someone's inventory is impossible. It's not.
Clans
Spoiler:

Ranks
Fluffy977
Resident

by MrManJoseph » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:03 am

Yes fluffy it is possible, and i believe that mods have (or used to have) the power to look into people's inventories or at least their hotbar.
MrManJoseph
Resident

by bondsmatthew » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:42 am

USED too. And even if it's possible, we don't have the kill command anymore.. so we couldn't do anything about it.
bondsmatthew
Veteran

by MrManJoseph » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Something that might relate to this. There was a flyhacker flying around spawn and HovR tped to him, fell and died. The fly hacker flew down and took his stuff. HovR jailed him and was trying to think of a way to kill him (because zerg removed the kill cmd) HovR banned the guy and lost all his items.
MrManJoseph
Resident

by SirDukem » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:47 pm

SirDukem
Veteran

by phillip1299 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Well I know a major server problem, Zerg's general lack of responsibility & interest with the server. I'd just like to know what ever happened to the person that thought he could run a server better then the way krisst did. But anyway, it's too late now, I'd just like to know whether or not zerg even wants to be an admin anymore because he sure doesn't act like it. Oh yeah, I highly doubt zerg will even read this due to the fact he's never on the forums and I doubt he will even read this thread, but you know we can all just sit around and complain or actually do something.
phillip1299
Veteran

by HovR » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:44 pm

HovR
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Archives