Should we regen the nether in 1.5

Yes, we should regenerate the nether
54%
No, leave it as is.
46%

Total votes : 37

Re: in 1.5 should we regen the nether

by zuko135 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:24 pm

Maybe if Zerg just rolls back the OC and leaves the NC alone and anyone who just goes Into the Nether to get glowstone or nether warts should be banned from the nether for a while, make it so that in the main world nether you need to build something commendable and not just a cobble shack to get something quick, maybe a mod has to approve of it depending on the player's building designs. Because some people (Justron, Damek, etc.) have farms in the Nether and unless you have build a very good working farm, you know what it feels like to make something really good and have it taken away. I vote no because of some very good things in the Nether, and not all the things in the Nether are bad, maybe a mod should just roll back the crap-shacks and random mined out places. But the entire Nether? No, too many good things in it!
Vote: NO
ImageImage
zuko135
Resident

by pyrusbrawler30 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:53 pm

Actually, ima change that vote to no. i have reasons for the change.
pyrusbrawler30
Resident

by Irish_Ninja » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:23 am

I understand a few good farms will go poof. But for the sake of cleaning the entire nether out, I think that those people can build new farms. If I recall, it hasn't been regenerated since times when we only had one nether. Now that we have regen nether, people can go to that instead, if they want resources. Not to mention, the farm(s) that are still in use, are about 0.3% of the nether, while the rest is absolute crap. I hate to say that it's selfish in wanting to keep the nether the way it is, just for the 3 or 4 farms, but it sort of is...
Sometimes it's better just to take the hit fort he team. If it meant that we could have a nether that's nice for everyone, I sincerely hope that small minority could make that kind of sacrifice. You're all great builders; there's no doubt in my mind that everyone who lost a farm could easily build an even better one.

Perhaps there could be a plugin that asks which nether a player wants to go to, upon entering a portal? Maybe gives you two options: Build/mine. Build takes you to main nether, Mine takes you to regen. Just a thought.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by kylekabza » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:33 am

Ill say this again let's make a second nether and to get to it you do /nether or some thing and this nether will regenerate every 6 months so you have enough time to build but the glow stone supply won't run out nor will the nether courts but you still can build a blaze farm that will be worth building and you won't need to constantly need to build a new blaze and wither farm

*cats will rule the world
kylekabza

by Irish_Ninja » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:00 am

kylekabza Wrote:Ill say this again let's make a second nether and to get to it you do /nether or some thing and this nether will regenerate every 6 months so you have enough time to build but the glow stone supply won't run out nor will the nether courts but you still can build a blaze farm that will be worth building and you won't need to constantly need to build a new blaze and wither farm

But you'd have the same effect in nuking the current nether. If it were a fresh map, it wouldn't need to be regenerated for at least a year (like the current one). And we'd still have the regen nether for people who want to gather resources. This is something we didn't have when the current nether was made, so it was destroyed quickly upon release. With a new nether map, alongside the regen nether map, we could potentially keep a stable nether dimension for much longer than the current map has lasted.

Essentially, this is about a new nether map; just like the process of getting a new main map. A lot of things that people spent a lot of time on goes away, but leaves more room for current players to build. Same applies to both; a small fraction of structures are still in use, and the majority is just wasted space, clutter, grief, and general messiness.

Understandably, not everyone would be happy with a nether reset. But most would be. And, in all reality, the majority is what we should be making decisions based on. Not to say that the small percent doesn't matter, but we can't let all decisions revolve around just a handful of players.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by pyrusbrawler30 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:04 pm

We Do have a /mine nether for a reason. if we regenerate this nether for it's resources, i'll simply end up destroyed again...
pyrusbrawler30
Resident

by Teslaterror » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:17 pm

I suggest we regen the main's nether anyways cuz the portals are acting funky cuz of the continent.

Every time I go through one, I end up in randomized spots, one time a portal spawned in this one guy's house and griefed it wide open in order to let me out of the nether.
Teslaterror

Previous

Return to Archives