We need night mod...

Re: We need night mod...

by Teslaterror » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:58 pm

Neko92 Wrote:+1 for [Mod@Cube] Obviously... derp.

I second that!
Teslaterror

by Neko92 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:13 pm

To Elaborate, we do need more mods in certain times zones, this is true. But lets not resort to some kinda Martial law where we get desperate for Staff we start ignoring our devoted Veterans and Donors.

Coolcube has been cmod since it became a Rank on the server. He also helped me learn to use the rollback commands better on his privately hosted server. He had more experience with the hands on part of it before I even did. He has come along way from the shy kid who wasn't sure he even wanted to be a chatmod.

Morpher I don't know too much about. But when I do see him on he is not hesitant to help if needed.

Trentcast, I'm not sure how many of you have taken the time to talk to. He pretty smart with his builds, follows the rules and helps players when staff can't or won't.

Sxfrvr is very mature and from what I understand has real life experience working with people and having the patience to help others. Just look, she took the initiative to make a thread realizing the lack of help in particular timezone.

Comedian has been on the server for some time, proactive in the community, and frequents item drops to give to others.

Lets give the opportunity of being a moderator to those who have the experience, maturity and know how on the server. before we resort to those who might use it to their advantage for self gain. Like possibly teleporting around killing player with potions at will... (note: Tesla's 3/29 warn)

And now my Teslaterror related rant and reasons I decline his near future promotion. (not meant to be hateful, more opinionated and informative)
As it is very long, and slightly off topic from this thread. I have put it in a spoiler

Spoiler:
Teslaterror Wrote: *Slowly looks around then raises hand* I volunteer

11 known Reasons you won't get Mod.
Actual list from your /getwarn (ban list)

[17:35:06] Showing past warns & bans for teslaterror
[17:35:06] Bans by auto-kicker: 2
[17:35:06] 4/11 6:38 Ban by *MOD* for: 4d - Griefing Pyrus' iron and trees
[17:35:06] 4/8 7:55 Warn by *MOD* for: Was using "Mario Mod", claims to have turned it off
[17:35:06] 4/5 4:17 Ban by *MOD* for: 2d - Lying about and threatening a mod.
[17:35:06] 4/4 5:01 Ban by *MOD* for: 1h - Griefing 7sss's trees.
[17:35:06] 4/2 4:19 Ban by *MOD* for: 1d - Attempting to kill other players outside of PvP.
[17:35:06] 3/29 8:31 Warn by *MOD* for: Throwing splash potions of poison at spawn; poisoning other players.
[17:35:06] 3/26 10:50 Ban by *MOD* for: 8h - Flyhacking again
[17:35:06] 3/22 4:01 Ban by *MOD* for: 1h - griefing the dirt of spawn
[17:35:06] 3/17 11:28 Ban by *ADMIN* for: 4h - Conspiracy to hack.
[17:35:06] 3/17 11:20 Note by *ADMIN* for: He hacks again, ban him for 8h..
[17:35:06] 3/17 8:50 Ban by *MOD* for: 2h - Hacks.
[17:35:06] 3/13 7:08 Ban by *ADMIN* for: 15m - Be nice

Note: Removed banned by names to protect our staff from bias opinions.

While most other suggested players may have been on the server less than you, they have a better reputation for helping others, giving to others and following rules on the server than you have. They also don't insult others

Teslaterror Wrote:I live in a Ghost town with nothing to do, I have too much freaking free time on my hands. The logic behind me being a moderator is because I can think of all the tricks that people could use to cheat and grief, I check what mods are updated periodically, I find holes in the Anti-grief then have zerg patch them and any griefer think that they can outsmart tesla, They are severely incorrect.

You can still report these glitches and bugs to zerg. using the bugs Section on forums. or simply telling zerg ingame or on the teamspeak. You don't need to be a mod for that.

Teslaterror Wrote:Without me, the Anti grief would still have a ton of holes in it like swiss cheese, Fire charges could still be a threat for wooden structures, Fire could still spread from trees to homes (yeah I tried burning down mccoy's home that way before we got our current map), TNT cannons would still work (I think they dont anymore but I will test that later), and I was part of the reason why we got the ore obsefucator.

This whole paragraph just proves what you do, to make having defenses put in place. It's people like you that cheat and hack. That ruin the fun of the game.

*bows* Thank you for reading, and good night. ^.^
Neko92
Veteran

by Teslaterror » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:28 am

Coolcube, I second his position for moderator, He is always on when there is never an actual moderator on

Morpher, I kind of like to be a moderator since he is one of the older guys but he is not on as often as most people are, so i am kind of Iffy about him but i would still give him a couple shots.

Trentcast, Seen him on alot but he barely talks in global chat, Meh...

Sxfrvr, She seems to be on every odd day which is kind of good and since she made this thread in first place, why not take the gamble on her?

Comedian as moderator? Ehh...not my choice of moderator, He flips out too easy and can be quite fidgety, kind of like a teenager with ADHD on Starbuck's caffeinated sugar rush while playing Call of duty with a 10 game losing streak while his K/D goes negative then flips out hardcore.

Spoiler:
Yeah... That list is a whole lot freaking longer than you think Neko

I help out in my own way, I occasionally drop stuff off at spawn that I dont need or is cluttering up my chest. I recently made a public tunnel to harmania and Emerald Valley, I am kind of planning to extend it to RGisland once their subway gets finished; usually if it involves me somehow profiting or benefiting from it, i will do it, you just got to explain how would i benefit from it.

Eh... Tesla a bit impatient when it comes to fixing things, if I post it here on the forums of a bug, it takes forever to get fixed so I rattle zerg's cage a bit to get him to fix it so this way its done by the end of the week at minimum.

Well, you know the saying "Its better to have a devil we know than one we have no clue how to handle" Frankly, I am not that malicious nor destructive, I help put up those defenses so someone who is completely hellbent on mass destruction is incapable of catching teslaterror in his wave of destruction, much less stopping him before he can even start, There is entire clans dedicated to griefing servers like kreatious which often results in the server losing members cause of the appearance of griefers, one of the first servers I went on was a completely abandoned server that was struck by a griefer clan. Technically I am a modder: not a hacker, its not like i am using some backwater modded hacker's client to spawn myself a million endermen/wither/Ghast spawners then placing them all over Kreatious, it would be plain illogical if i did that.

Trust me, I have seen the devastation that griefer clans can bring, I like having these defenses so they are incapable of doing any malicious harm to my home minecraft server and my stuff. the worst part about them is they do it slowly and over period of time until they hit the climax of their evil plans then destroy half of the server in a single blow.
Teslaterror

by sxkfrvr » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:42 am

Tesla just stop it...
sxkfrvr
Administrator

by iExspee » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:54 am

Testicle-eater or w/e your name is, you wouldn't be NEARLY as good as ANYONE for mod. So stop giving your opinions on why people shouldn't get mod, when you will never get it.
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by 007coolcube » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Ok, everybody calm down ^.^ teslaterror is now banned from the forums so we can stop ranting about him? Mmk?
What can I say? I'm a cool cube.
007coolcube
Veteran

Location: New Zealand, where you're not gonna get hit by a nuke.

by comedian14 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:38 pm

Teslaterror Wrote:Coolcube, I second his position for moderator, He is always on when there is never an actual moderator on

Morpher, I kind of like to be a moderator since he is one of the older guys but he is not on as often as most people are, so i am kind of Iffy about him but i would still give him a couple shots.

Trentcast, Seen him on alot but he barely talks in global chat, Meh...

Sxfrvr, She seems to be on every odd day which is kind of good and since she made this thread in first place, why not take the gamble on her?

Comedian as moderator? Ehh...not my choice of moderator, He flips out too easy and can be quite fidgety, kind of like a teenager with ADHD on Starbuck's caffeinated sugar rush while playing Call of duty with a 10 game losing streak while his K/D goes negative then flips out hardcore.

Spoiler:
Yeah... That list is a whole lot freaking longer than you think Neko

I help out in my own way, I occasionally drop stuff off at spawn that I dont need or is cluttering up my chest. I recently made a public tunnel to harmania and Emerald Valley, I am kind of planning to extend it to RGisland once their subway gets finished; usually if it involves me somehow profiting or benefiting from it, i will do it, you just got to explain how would i benefit from it.

Eh... Tesla a bit impatient when it comes to fixing things, if I post it here on the forums of a bug, it takes forever to get fixed so I rattle zerg's cage a bit to get him to fix it so this way its done by the end of the week at minimum.

Well, you know the saying "Its better to have a devil we know than one we have no clue how to handle" Frankly, I am not that malicious nor destructive, I help put up those defenses so someone who is completely hellbent on mass destruction is incapable of catching teslaterror in his wave of destruction, much less stopping him before he can even start, There is entire clans dedicated to griefing servers like kreatious which often results in the server losing members cause of the appearance of griefers, one of the first servers I went on was a completely abandoned server that was struck by a griefer clan. Technically I am a modder: not a hacker, its not like i am using some backwater modded hacker's client to spawn myself a million endermen/wither/Ghast spawners then placing them all over Kreatious, it would be plain illogical if i did that.

Trust me, I have seen the devastation that griefer clans can bring, I like having these defenses so they are incapable of doing any malicious harm to my home minecraft server and my stuff. the worst part about them is they do it slowly and over period of time until they hit the climax of their evil plans then destroy half of the server in a single blow.

Ok tesla, give me one example of when i flipped out? Oh wait i have never, now stop asking me for dat beacon -.- (Stahp Neko :3)
comedian14
Resident

by 007coolcube » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:51 pm

-.- OH COME ON COMEDIAN please... Just drop it
What can I say? I'm a cool cube.
007coolcube
Veteran

Location: New Zealand, where you're not gonna get hit by a nuke.

by briley0407 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Nahuda Wrote:Tesla, you're never going to be mod and you know it. Just stop.

%100 Agree
^steam account friend me C:
briley0407

by kylekabza » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:59 pm

I see teslaterror a lot on the server and he would make a good mod but it would if we have a vote so every 1 can voice their opinion it would be better and in general we need more mods

*cats will rule the world
kylekabza

PreviousNext

Return to Archives