40%
No
36%
HovR idea
24%

Total votes : 45

New/Co-Admin

by malandrix_bunny » Tue May 15, 2012 1:00 am

It has come to my attention, and to many of others that we have certain commands and permissions that are for Zerg, and Zeenoo only. This has been a problem for a long period of time. Maybe the problem isnt needing a new admin, but someone more active with more commands.

The players that I find eligible for such a job is the staff.
memberlist.php?mode=leaders
This, unlike how the veteran votes go should COMPLETELY be based upon trust, activeness, maturity, and community activity.
Please do not suggest anyone under the rank of MOD.

Yes, we do have two admins that are great guys, BUT they are not the most active and do not always want to put up with all the things we want.
Zerg, you keep the server running, even in our hardest point, and you make the best bukkit plugins that I have ever seen.

Zeenoo, you are a great guy willing to help people, you enjoy the community, and make a lot of friends + have a huge patience with others. Sadly your job restricts your time.

The reasons a new admin may be needed.
Waypoints
Chests
Clans
Proper start of server during crash
Backup
Extremely hard rollback
These are the things that come to the top of my head, but it is not a complete list.

Feir, in my opinion is the most eligible for this authority, sure he might have his drinking days, but does he moderate on those days? No.
We could try to revive the old post HovR had
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=412
Yes, I know it was locked, but it really seems like the server is in its time of need.
Please vote, and give feedback.
malandrix_bunny
Resident

Re: New/Co-Admin

by leftypitcher28 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:27 am

First off bunny we cannot just say we want a new adimin, because Zerg would proble reject the idea. 2nd off it would be nice for a active member to ad the waypoints fix role backs, ect. But the main point is most of the time mods will get tied of constant, Hounding. In such a manner causing the mod or adimin to take a 2 week break or so. Mabey there could be mod shifts. Dealing with you can moderate for "insert time" at least and if you want to moderate longer, you can and say, you would get board and want to eat out with freinds or have a important matter ect. You could do that by scheduling it. :roll: well this is only a idea.
leftypitcher28
Donor

by aceflamingo23 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:39 am

holmes you should make me and admin
aceflamingo23

by SquareDot » Tue May 15, 2012 1:47 am

aceflamingo23 Wrote:holmes you should make me and admin

Sure ace. Zerg will just give you the name plate: "FakeAdmin" without any powers
"Catch you on the flip side..."

SquareDot
Resident

by McCoy1996 » Tue May 15, 2012 2:04 am

Maybe we could give mods slightly more power? Moving chests into recovery is probably the biggest problem I run into.
McCoy1996
Veteran

by jack_addy » Tue May 15, 2012 2:27 am

I kinda agree, i also have some choices... feir or irish :D But i do not want a repeat with krisst.. btw since when was zeenoo admin. i didnt even know!

jack_addy

by cruiserman » Tue May 15, 2012 5:26 am

I say HovR's idea all or none and you have my support on this and we could have a checks and balances system to make sure people don't go crazy with it.

Edit- we could have a timer like 1 month for the regening the regen.
I like tacos. Why you no like tacos?
http://imgur.com/ayVDmPq<< zerg
cruiserman
Veteran

by tempestfeir » Tue May 15, 2012 5:36 am

First off mods can already do clan tags. The problem there is are clans official? We don't have ability to check to make sure every member signed up is qualified + there's the whole problem of trying to ambush a moderator in-game to do something for you by telling them to go to forums to see your post.

This argument goes the same for waypoints.

On the issue of chest removal, as zerg has stated it, 1 mistake and the entire database for EVERYONE can be screwed over....... which mod wants to be responsible for deleting everyone's hard earned Fortune 3 Picked Diamonds ;)

I believe that being able to start server after a hard crash requires an immense amount of trust..
Extremely hard rollback? the only thing that makes a rollback hard is chests, nonetheless we can work around chests.

I personally do not want to be an admin, nor should people vote for me. (My Alcoholism Aside)

Overall this may be a bad idea.... We should just wait for zerg to finish his vacation, everyone gets a little bored of minecraft when you don't even play it day in and day out ;)

Lastly; What happens when you promote a mod to this admin (even temporarily) and they disappear too, or are not online to your satisfaction? or just simply burn out from being able to play?

PS:On Hovr's Idea: as mentioned, Clan Suffix is done, Save backups of map I believe is now fully automated, all mods can world-edit now, Waypoints might be a good idea, Regen the regen.....If mods have this power it'd be regend way too often I think.
tempestfeir
Resident

by harshlife » Tue May 15, 2012 9:16 am

We could delegate some smaller jobs around instead of piling a bunch of new jobs on one person.

Make a trusted vet+ or 2 responsible for fixing the spawn roads/spawn itself.

We could have a helper style rank which allows people to *temporarily* tp to someone to offer then a bit of help when they're complaining about having been griefed or being stuck behind a door.
-This could work like questioning, where the powers only exist for as long as they're responding to a help request
They could then "flag" things that need doing if its a genuine mod required event.

Which brings me onto my next point.. having some way to flag grief or suspicious logs when a mod is offline that they can be alerted to when they come back.

Im ill.. so forgive me if this is all delusional.
In summary: Delegation!
Last edited by harshlife on Tue May 15, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Highly Inactive at the moment.
I can be found here though. If you sign up, message me and I'll get you started.
harshlife

by iExspee » Tue May 15, 2012 9:37 am

Okay,

This is a good idea but zerg is the only one on the server who can code amazing stuff, lets be honest here. If we did get a new co-admin it will create drama's between Zerg & the new admin, think back to October if you were on the server then.

Also, to be honest, I don't think anyone on our server could manage kreatious well enough to be admin, I mean maybe Zeenoo or even someone like Feir who know zerg really well could do this but as I said, there will be too much drama and fights, thus bringing the server down for the 2nd time in 6 months.

So in conclusion this is a bad idea in my opinion, I don't know if some / most will agree to disagree but I do.
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

Next

Return to Archives