Kreatious's Semi-Crash

Kreatious's Semi-Crash

by pyrusbrawler30 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Hello everyone.
As you all know, today, July 16th, the plugins on kreatious crashed and are still down. Everyone is freaking out but the key to this is to stay calm and put some form of a plan together. A group of us on teamspeak (Sonicff7,omgitsjosh,damek,stickguy,danecookmaxhawk,noma,and myself) have decided that it would be better to crash the server and prevent further damage.
We can crash the server by doing several of the following things:

HARVEST HUGE WHEAT FARMS
this will create a large number of entities and provide lots of lag.

MAKE MELON TIMERS
these are some of the laggiest machines known to minecraft. the more of these we make the better.

CAUSE CHUNK UPDATES
chunck updates will send large amounts of data to the server. the more data we send the better chance of crashing.

If we can crash kreatious, Zerg will have to bring the server back up manually, and fix all the plugins. the server, if crashed, won't come up automaticlly due to the fact that plugins are down. (the plugins bring it back up)
the only down side to this plan is that the server may be down for a while. But answer this: would you rather it be down for a little while and be fixed??? or have the server like this for MUCH longer???

If we all work together we could help fix Kreatious.... Let's all help.

====
EDIT
====

We have succesfully crashed the server! now, zerg will have to manually put it back up, and fix the plugins in the process!
Alright one last thing. zerg will now have to roll back the map. and correct the greif.

Since the problems are being fixed, post your thoughts
Last edited by pyrusbrawler30 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
pyrusbrawler30
Resident

Re: Kreatious's current semi-crash

by briley0407 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Im trying to do stuff
^steam account friend me C:
briley0407

by JUSTRON123 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm

i made a clock and added 40 pistons on to it =D
JUSTRON123
Resident

by aceflamingo23 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 pm

I'm going to keep vigilant for those who might want to destroy ron's clock with 40 pistons.
aceflamingo23

Re: Kreatious's Semi-Crash

by BlackKnightHero » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:22 pm

Just for future reference, you NEVER want to do this. Drops are saved via the Map and so are the clocks and whatnot, so as soon as zerg fixes it, it will just crash again and again. There's no point, just leave the server, and if it gets griefed then zerg can rollback without problems.
BlackKnightHero
Veteran

by mattme1 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:32 pm

Tweek it dos t matter crashing it is best because it won't be saved via if there r no plugs
mattme1

Location: Oregon... You wouldnt need to know if you werent stalking me

by pyrusbrawler30 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:45 pm

BlackKnightHero Wrote:Just for future reference, you NEVER want to do this. Drops are saved via the Map and so are the clocks and whatnot, so as soon as zerg fixes it, it will just crash again and again. There's no point, just leave the server, and if it gets griefed then zerg can rollback without problems.

i understand, but what we did is what got zerg on... besides i understand your logic, but crashing it with the entities was the smartest move... And either way, we would have had a rollback.
pyrusbrawler30
Resident

by cruiserman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:38 am

Hopefully we will never have to try to crash the server ever again:). And if we have to we now have a better way to contact Zerg so it will never come to this again xD.
I like tacos. Why you no like tacos?
http://imgur.com/ayVDmPq<< zerg
cruiserman
Veteran

by mattme1 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:40 am

I think it would be helpful if we locked this and stuck it in the archives to keep the forums clean.
mattme1

Location: Oregon... You wouldnt need to know if you werent stalking me

Return to Archives