Future Mod API: Mods as Plugins

Future Mod API: Mods as Plugins

by Teslaterror » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:46 pm

I recently examined an interview of Jeb and the bukkit representatives. It appears the new API will make multiplayer servers more mod-compatible and friendly, allowing players to download a server's mods if they wish and the server would be able to read clientside mods as plugins which is good hint that administrative staff of a server will be able to enable what mods a player uses as well as what mods he is running on his client, meaning a moderator could tell if someone is running Ellians or Xray mod then he/she can disable it once he joins a server. I think this could either make or break Kreatious; Personally I think servers that run certain mods like flan's mod or fantasy oriented mods will have good chance of out competing us due to our lack of mod familiarity.

So people, What mods would you like to see on kreatioUS if this does happen, Name the ones that you have tried and tell us what you like about it (Like mo'creatures and all that, No Mo'Explosives, Zerg knows what I will do with a nuclear missle, Frost becomes crater city).
Teslaterror

Re: Future Mod API: Mods as Plugins

by Nahuda » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:57 pm

This is a semi-vanilla server. If Kreatious becomes a modified-gameplay server, I'll leave, regardless that I've made many friends here. However, it seems that you've been the only person out of hundreds that play Kreatious everyday that insists on adding such mods. It's hard to believe you haven't recognized the intent of this server. Maybe you should look at the server descriptions again to refresh your memory.
Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.
My favorite color is green. :3
Nahuda

by Teslaterror » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:17 pm

Nahuda Wrote:This is a semi-vanilla server. If Kreatious becomes a modified-gameplay server, I'll leave, regardless that I've made many friends here. However, it seems that you've been the only person out of hundreds that play Kreatious everyday that insists on adding such mods. It's hard to believe you haven't recognized the intent of this server. Maybe you should look at the server descriptions again to refresh your memory.

well I am saying for the future of kreatious due MC's new api that will come out in a future update, we might lose alot of traffic due to it,I made this topic for when in case that happens, we could still maintain a decent amount of traffic. Softcore mods like Enchantment plus and stuff like that is what I am looking for because once this happens, if kreatious doesn't add in a few mods, its gonna die.
Teslaterror

by Teslaterror » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 am

Mods I would add to kreatious for when the new Mod API arrives:

Mo'Food mod (people have complained about not having enough food options and orchards would be cool)

Weather and typhoon mod (Essentially adds realistic weather like wind and such, including hurricanes but they wont move player placed blocks unless set to, as well as waves, making water travel a bit more difficult)

Flintlock's guns mod (old school black powder guns, This mod is pretty well balanced and not OP like Flans, this could help settle a lot of disputes, hehehe)

Smartmovement Mod (I would imagine alot people would have this mod when the new Mod API comes out)
Teslaterror

by Zeenoo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:11 am

Teslaterror Wrote:
Nahuda Wrote:This is a semi-vanilla server. If Kreatious becomes a modified-gameplay server, I'll leave, regardless that I've made many friends here. However, it seems that you've been the only person out of hundreds that play Kreatious everyday that insists on adding such mods. It's hard to believe you haven't recognized the intent of this server. Maybe you should look at the server descriptions again to refresh your memory.

well I am saying for the future of kreatious due MC's new api that will come out in a future update, we might lose alot of traffic due to it,I made this topic for when in case that happens, we could still maintain a decent amount of traffic. Softcore mods like Enchantment plus and stuff like that is what I am looking for because once this happens, if kreatious doesn't add in a few mods, its gonna die.

Sorry Tesla, but you're wrong. A lot of the people who play on this server play here because it's pretty vanilla. That's what we are. We don't need mods to keep going. People have been saying that kreatious would die for the past year, and yet we're still around. Plus, even if traffic slowed up, we've get plenty of loyal players who would keep the server trucking on.
Zeenoo

by Nahuda » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:23 am

Zeenoo Wrote:Sorry Tesla, but you're wrong. A lot of the people who play on this server play here because it's pretty vanilla. That's what we are. We don't need mods to keep going. People have been saying that kreatious would die for the past year, and yet we're still around. Plus, even if traffic slowed up, we've get plenty of loyal players who would keep the server trucking on.

Exactly. The server has a very strong and loyal playerbase, and quite a few of them donate, too. I'm going to donate possibly ~$100 or more this summer, and even still many new players join everyday.
Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.
My favorite color is green. :3
Nahuda

by Teslaterror » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:10 am

Nahuda Wrote:
Zeenoo Wrote:Sorry Tesla, but you're wrong. A lot of the people who play on this server play here because it's pretty vanilla. That's what we are. We don't need mods to keep going. People have been saying that kreatious would die for the past year, and yet we're still around. Plus, even if traffic slowed up, we've get plenty of loyal players who would keep the server trucking on.

Exactly. The server has a very strong and loyal playerbase, and quite a few of them donate, too. I'm going to donate possibly ~$100 or more this summer, and even still many new players join everyday.

That I understand that we get traffic because vanilla as we can get but we are not truly vanilla, I am just expecting us to lose alot of traffic because of that new Mod API because servers will be able to send packets to the player who wishes to join the server, meaning modded servers become accessible by just clicking yes to download the mods they provide and people who haven't really dabbled in mods will flock to find these servers.

Personally i would add softcore mods to the server that won't change the gameplay too much, just ones that dont add any new ores although Flintlock's gun mod adds sulfur which can be turned into gunpowder.
Teslaterror

by 007coolcube » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Kreatious will never get any mods, whether its guns mod or some stupid creature mod, it's not gonna happen. Deal with it.
What can I say? I'm a cool cube.
007coolcube
Veteran

Location: New Zealand, where you're not gonna get hit by a nuke.

Return to Archives