Thoughts for Kreatious

Thoughts for Kreatious

by Teslaterror » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:55 am

Randomized thoughts for members to discuss.

- A Fresh Start: I notice alot of us are getting very greedy and petty over resources such as diamonds and iron, as well as the fact we barely do much with the resources we have at our fingertips: feel that a lot of you are purposely hoarding these resources just for the purpose of keeping them, I say we change that by having a new kreatious map sometime this summer using the Large Biomes setting to amp up the challenge factor of our server because the vast expanses could either make or break you. I'd figure why not make it interesting as well, You can't bring your old equipment with you :twisted: , No no no, that be too easy to settle down somewhere with all those beautiful riches then lazily sit there, you would work for it again as anyone else would yah rich fattie.

Xray nor ellians gonna help you noen either cuz zerg's got that on lock down you little schneiving shisno, Your gonna say to me "Mr.Tesla, I dun dont use them fancy mods" Some of you do, some of you don't but what i am saying is, a new frontier can help really show you what your made of because it will test you on how well you can manage your resources and if you planning to start a town, you best be efficent cause for that fancy saloon in the desert could build several house for settlers and what not. I am suggesting for this is we start with a brand new fresh slate with the large biomes setting, we got it too easy with these tiny little biomes sitting right next to one another and frankly, it doesnt give us much inspiration for building nor much of challenge when got darkwood and a birch forest neighboring one another. If we had larger biomes, we'd be trading more often and building nifty looking towns suited to the terrain like a floating village in the mountains or a burrowed village in the tundra or giant pyramids in the desert holding an entire town in it (That would be actually cool if someone fit their entire town into one giant pyramid) or a town in buried in the thick jungle bush like a comb in my aunt Katherine's hairdo.

(Personally, this could show off how clever we are when take up the challenge of living in certain biomes, I am fond of the desert because no one really likes living there except Hotrock and a namely a few others I know of...)

- Bigger map size: I know zerg, you can't have a bigger map cuz it chunks up a lot the server's memory storage, We get a lot of vagrants that wander through that kind of brush up against us thinking there gonna have a friendly neighbor if you move right next to them; They are way off their rocker if they think that, no one wanna really know if you gotta next door neighbor if you really curious. The large biomes setting thing might solve this problem though anyways cuz noobies dont settle in the desert nor in the middle of the ocean, they have a barrier in the mind that says dont settle here, its too dangerous, I gotta hand it to some of those who actually settle on some of these islands cuz dang, you in some of the toughest places to be when you in the middle of the ocean cuz you got no buddies out that nor the resources that doesnt require a half a mile trip to land.

- Settling in jungles: Every jungle i have visited in the new continent has no one living in them except for a small handful of people that decide to make treehouses, Why people! You have the greatest access to resources there, Now you gonna say why i don't settle there is cuz i like open spaces, not fond of a creeper doing a crazy ivan from behind a tree then exploding my buttcheeks across the nearest cocoa bean pod. Its pretty wasteful for when all that space goes is just sitting there, i know a jungle can be hard to clear out (It would probably take an inventory full of flintnsteels to get a square mile cleared out through slash and burn) but hey it might be worth it if you just go with the flow of the land there cuz those trees are hard to burn.

feel free to discuss
Teslaterror

Re: Thoughts for Kreatious

by iExspee » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:51 am

The map was reset 3 months ago, why the hell would we want it reset again if it's just new!?
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by stormstriker » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:47 pm

Ohai, I am here to make some points :3
1) what people do with their resources is their business. If they want to hoard they can , they earned them fair and square. Nothings stopping anyone from getting diamond as long as you can type /mine
2) I think IExspee spoke for everyone up thar^^. We very recently had a map expansion, so a new map would only make everyone abandon projects and leave this world's buildings looking like shadows of ideas.
3)What's with talking about 'fancy mods'? I remember looking in the ban appeals recently and seeing a certain someone using a smart movement mod...
4). Look around jungles a bit more ;) yours truly has been clearing one out with no fire, only axes
5) asking for veteran is the WORST thing to do if you want it (regarding other post). You may have been here awhile, but it seems you still don't know 'the ropes' in kreatious. several others who I have seen are brilliant builders, have probably been with the community longer and logged more hours, and they wait patiently to see if they're ever called to the veteran ranks. Taking long breaks from the world also makes you less qualified (trust me friend I know), so it probably wasn't a good idea to add that.

Sorry, I for one think kreatious is great, and these are a few thoughts I had after reading this post.
Creeper's are hating, so they just rage, and then i kill them :D
stormstriker
Donor

by Teslaterror » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:00 pm

1) Yeah but its no fun to hoard them
2) I am not talking an expansion, I am talking an entirely new map using the large biomes setting but qoute "Summer" Meaning It would be nice sometime this summer if we can get a brand new map, It takes zerg alot of time to prep new maps which normally takes a couple months, when is the last time when we had a new one, 1.8? The map wasn't reset, zerg just did an expansion
3) I was actually refering to xrayers, dude.
4) you are one of the only ones that I know of then
5) that is irrevelant to this topic
Teslaterror

by Teslaterror » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:01 pm

1) Yeah but its no fun to hoard them
2) I am not talking an expansion, I am talking an entirely new map using the large biomes setting but qoute "Summer" Meaning It would be nice sometime this summer if we can get a brand new map, It takes zerg alot of time to prep new maps which normally takes a couple months, when is the last time when we had a new one, 1.8? The map wasn't reset, zerg just did an expansion
3) I was actually refering to xrayers, dude.
4) you are one of the only ones that I know of then
5) that is irrevelant to this topic :ugeek:
Teslaterror

by stormstriker » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:29 pm

1) that's a personal opinion. What people do with their possessions is their business. And come to think of it, I see drop parties almost every day. There are still the generous mixed with the hoarders
2)But the expansion was essentially a new map, with a few benefits such as items. Making a new map was such a big deal before, why would we want to go through the arguing and prep if the system we have works perfectly fine ? If it's not broken, don't fix it.
3) zerg has specified what can/can't be used on here. Tbh, I don't know why you put the xray lines in there, they seem irrelevant to me. But zerg has been able to deal with them probably since the beginning of the server. His system has always worked, so I don't see why xrayers would be an argument now.
4) me also, but there's nothing holding others back from doing so
5) you are right about this point :3 the last thread was closed and I wanted to pass on my opinion
stormstriker
Donor

by iExspee » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:33 pm

We're not getting a new map, final.
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by Teslaterror » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:23 am

stormstriker Wrote:1) that's a personal opinion. What people do with their possessions is their business. And come to think of it, I see drop parties almost every day. There are still the generous mixed with the hoarders
2)But the expansion was essentially a new map, with a few benefits such as items. Making a new map was such a big deal before, why would we want to go through the arguing and prep if the system we have works perfectly fine ? If it's not broken, don't fix it.
3) zerg has specified what can/can't be used on here. Tbh, I don't know why you put the xray lines in there, they seem irrelevant to me. But zerg has been able to deal with them probably since the beginning of the server. His system has always worked, so I don't see why xrayers would be an argument now.
4) me also, but there's nothing holding others back from doing so
5) you are right about this point :3 the last thread was closed and I wanted to pass on my opinion

1) What I am kind of referring to is people not fully using their resources to actually survive, I used all my resources so I can survive and so that others in my town can survive as well as be ready for when they go off on their own
2) I am not saying we do a new map right away, I am saying like later this year for when we have a few of the newer updates like some of the new rideable mobs (Heard about it but not entirely confirmed, jeb spose to be adding horses or/and some other mobs that we can ride), what I am suggesting is the large biomes can make the server a bit more difficult to survive on, sure okay we can take our stuff with us cause I might pack up enough resources to create new town. It would be a delight for us using the large biomes to land in the middle of a vast desert or a practically endless jungle hills biome, It would be challenging!
3) More specifically what I am referring to is the xrayers who have managed to collect their riches before the installation of the obesfucator plugin who really went balls to the walls with it (Moderators forget to confinscate the xrayed diamonds from the player), Now they are just sitting on a hoard on DB's.
4) Every biome has its challenges though like how tundras make it difficult to grow crops, Extreme hills can be hazardous to traverse, Swamps have alot of monsters, deserts can lack timber as well as plains; Mushroom islands are the toughest without wood. The reason why I want a new map with larger biomes is partially because I want a challenge and see the players of kreatious be challenged.

5) This is completely irrelevant but I do not really care if get veteran, I was simply suggesting it because a number of players were rallying for me to be veteran, I thought I would take the chance while my support was still fresh, I actually voted against myself for it though.
Teslaterror

by stormstriker » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:44 pm

stormstriker Wrote:1) that's a personal opinion. What people do with their possessions is their business.

2) you're changing it up. From summer to a year? The only reason we'd need a map update is a drastic change in the way minecraft looks ( via updates, not large biomes, which the biomes are a fair size right now.)
3)I wouldn't even stress about that. I doubt there are many who escaped the wrath of the previous system. His old xray hack system was great, and texture pack xrays are for noobs, so they probably wouldn't have much anyways. And that's if any even got away with it.
4) that is completely nonrelated, we already have such 'challenges' now...
5) I already agreed the point I made on this was irrelevant O.o no need to be redundant.
stormstriker
Donor

by Teslaterror » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:12 am

stormstriker Wrote:
stormstriker Wrote:1) that's a personal opinion. What people do with their possessions is their business.

2) you're changing it up. From summer to a year? The only reason we'd need a map update is a drastic change in the way minecraft looks ( via updates, not large biomes, which the biomes are a fair size right now.)
3)I wouldn't even stress about that. I doubt there are many who escaped the wrath of the previous system. His old xray hack system was great, and texture pack xrays are for noobs, so they probably wouldn't have much anyways. And that's if any even got away with it.
4) that is completely nonrelated, we already have such 'challenges' now...
5) I already agreed the point I made on this was irrelevant O.o no need to be redundant.

2) Well I am just saying for when Minecraft does have those updates cause I am expecting a couple within the next few months, Hell there might be a new biome or two but what I am saying is not something we are going to do right away, I am saying for down the road like when reach the latter half of the year, why not we do a large biomes map for when that does happen, it would be different from the usual regular biomes and would make the server more interesting as well as challenging.

Arent they planning to do the Engine overhaul for minecraft sometime this year?

4) well the reason why I want large biomes is for them to act as a noob deterrent, I like to settle in the barrens and badland, Also I want to have reason to tame the new mobs for 1.6 which comes out in may
Teslaterror

Return to Archives