Possibility?

Possibility?

by Tester3504 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:20 pm

I joined the server a few days ago now and I really like it because it took me literally hours of searching to find a survival server that is really survival by which I mean the server doesn't give 'free diamonds' for voting rewards and diamond gear starter kits, also this server has an active player base which is also good as servers with like 5-10 people can get boring, also I like how this server makes playing fair and donors don't get like free diamonds etc. so my point being is that one fault this server has is that there is like NOWHERE to build. I have been searching and searching for land to build on, I don't want to build in the sky or sea because well who does? but everywhere you look on the land there is a dirt hut or a noob house or some build. It is becoming really hard to find anywhere to build and after asking questions in the chat I gather the server has been running for at least 2 years? which is what a guy said any ways. Many servers are having a reset now with 1.6 and I hope that maybe we could do the same, not a reset as in everyone starts from scratch because I know it is possible for people to have their builds moved across to new maps and also that would be unfair as there are probably people who have put in a year or more of dedication to the server and building, so people who are still active can get their builds moved across and then all the things that have been built on the map now that are unused or the player has been banned or no longer plays on here because what they built was maybe 8 months ago well their build will be gone and no longer taking up space for many new players to come, any ways just a suggestion, I know it would be a lot of work but I think worth it, as there are LOTS of abandoned buildings across the map, I know there also is that every 3rd Sunday of the month thing but then again there could be from what I have seen 5 different builds in a small amount of space so what is the chances that all 5 have been unused for 3 months to have them removed to be able to build a large scale build. That is all :D
Tester3504

Re: Possibility?

by Nezark123 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:33 pm

We actually just had a map expansion for the very reason you are describing at the very end of last year. (Christmas, I believe?)

So, I don't believe we will be doing another any time too soon. You could look around with /home until you find a nice place that is a bit secluded? We do typically have older structures removed, but with the new map being so recent, I doubt there would be too many that have been unused for a long enough period of time. Really my best advice to you is to keep searching until you find what you're looking for. The map is pretty big. ;)
Image ImageImage
Nezark123

by pyrusbrawler30 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:57 pm

As Nezark stated above, we very recently had a massive map expansion. that means, there are two massive areas on this server.

With a bit of hard work, I'm sure you could a nice area to live, build, and enjoy the server. I've been on this server for about 2 years, and we've reset several times, and the builds are not brought over. That is why we expand, as oppose to reset. we've only had a full out reset once that i know of, and that was back for the full release of minecraft, 1.0

Since then we've only expanded upon the original map. I know that there is a rather large gap between the new and old continents. If you're looking to expand, i'd suspect we might just link them together... This is only speculation though. If zerg wants to do something completely different, so be it.

In conclusion, we probably won't RESET, but we might expand. For the time being, i suggest what Nez said, simply using /home to find a clean area, or, you may have to look manually for a home.
pyrusbrawler30
Resident

by eeeezypeezy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Yeah I'd say keep trying /home, and look around a little bit. I know in the area around where I did my /sethome there is plenty of open wilderness.
eeeezypeezy

by oAVortexAo » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:57 pm

Hey there,
ronvinkwan said that you can live in my town, New Phoenix/ODST under 2 conditions:

1. You have to meet ronvinkwan in game and have a short talk with him
2. You have to live in the noob hostel until you are a Rsd, after that you can have ur own plot in ODST!

Just in case you didn't know, ronvinkwan is the leader of the clan.
You just have to meet him in game. :D
ImageJoin ODST, Fight for Humanity
oAVortexAo

Return to Archives