Regarding Waypoints

Who do you trust with the activation of waypoints?

Zerg, and Zerg only.
14%
All Mods
21%
Certain mods (reply which ones)
64%

Total votes : 14

Regarding Waypoints

by iExspee » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:37 am

Hello everyone,

I know a lot of people need waypoints, and I know that Zerg hasn't been on to activate them for some time. There are plenty of cities that have people live in them, but don't have waypoints.

So this topic is to say if others not just zerg, can activate waypoints. Possibly gives mods the ability to activate them. If you don't agree with that, maybe give the ability to a certain mod who is always on and can be trusted with this ability.

I know that zerg doesn't read much on the forums, but I know a lot of you city owners, and people who live in cities really want waypoints, so show him this post. Post your thoughts about this suggestion in the reply.
Last edited by iExspee on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

Re: Regarding Waypoints

by ronvinkwan » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:41 am

I totally agree with this post. I've been waiting for a waypoint activation since March and it's already July now and there is no sign for getting a waypoint. I really hope Zerg can grant this ability to active AND trusted mods such as Neko or Icefang. I will do anything to keep this post standing as long as I have a slight hope on getting a waypoint in the near future.
Join ODST Clan!
ronvinkwan

by Gigglo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:43 am

I approve! Nothing more to say, as I don't like spending countless minutes! Walking to and from locations... #Laziness :twisted:
Gigglo

by Nahuda » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:05 am

Yes. There are lots of active and prospering cities waiting for waypoints out there, and, like Ron has said, active and trusted mods should be granted the ability to ease the chore of scouting cities and creating waypoints for Zerg, while eliminating impatience from many town owners who may have been waiting weeks, even months for their cities to be given the green light. Hopefully this will get to Zerg and he'll make a decision.
Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.
My favorite color is green. :3
Nahuda

by Romedy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:43 pm

We need to do what is best for the community as a whole, but I think we should tread carefully here...

Granting new privileges to only part of an existing group is ... not good. Your actions are saying, "These people here are worthy, and the rest of you are not." (Insert psychobabble here.)

I agree there are many admin-esque things that need to get done. I think there are a few bigger questions that are floating around. Waypoints are just the thing we can all scream about.

I voted in the poll, but I think the question really should be, "Do we need vice-admins?" Then, "Who should be a vice-admin?"
Romedy

by PunchesSheep » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Why is there no "Total Anarchy. Overthrow the server." choice there?
PunchesSheep

by iExspee » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Romedy Wrote:We need to do what is best for the community as a whole, but I think we should tread carefully here...

Granting new privileges to only part of an existing group is ... not good. Your actions are saying, "These people here are worthy, and the rest of you are not." (Insert psychobabble here.)

I agree there are many admin-esque things that need to get done. I think there are a few bigger questions that are floating around. Waypoints are just the thing we can all scream about.

I voted in the poll, but I think the question really should be, "Do we need vice-admins?" Then, "Who should be a vice-admin?"

I think a 'vice-admin' would start too much controversy. Maybe give a few trustworthy mods, for example, Neko or IceFang, some abilities of admin.
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by ronvinkwan » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:20 pm

So how do we propose this issue to zerg? Do we just send him the link of this post thru TeamSpeak?
Join ODST Clan!
ronvinkwan

by Nezark123 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:50 pm

This has been brought up before amongst staff. I personally think that if we were to give certain mods higher powers, there would need to be standards, not randomly chosen active ones. I'm not disagreeing on some of your suggestions; I just think it would be best if you have certain "requirements" in choosing for the future.
Image ImageImage
Nezark123

by jbige7 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:52 pm

I voted for "Certain Mods" even though I don't play here as much so I don't know who quit but I know they're are some old mods that still play so I'd say Udo and HovR.
-Jordan
jbige7

Next

Return to Archives