[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - [RFC] TNT liimits

[RFC] TNT liimits

[RFC] TNT liimits

by zerg960 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:28 pm

looking for ideas to limit tnt on creative..

Note that I'm not interested in limiting it based on forum posts, hours online, or rank.

An idea I had:
Prevent TNT placement if it's above sea level (Y>=64) AND the land it's being placed on is unclaimed (<100 weighted total of blocks within 8 block radius.)
Kehe! Ftang nga! Aynga neto rivikx! Tse'a srak? Eo ayoeng lu txana tìkawng. Eo Eywa oe 'ia. Oel ngati kameie
zerg960
Veteran

Re: [RFC] TNT liimits

by Shadowofrsr » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:13 pm

I think requiring them to own a very large % of the land in a small area before letting them tnt would be a good idea
Shadowofrsr
Resident

by bondsmatthew » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:42 pm

bondsmatthew
Veteran

by Mythic316 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:35 am

Before on the...'other' survival map wasnt it that one had to get a mod's permission to blow up tnt
NEVER eat a porcupine its just not humane: jhall5718

Mythic316

by TheOWCA » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:13 am

i think that default and banned rsd (untill they can be trusted more) should not get tnt.... or lava
TheOWCA

Location: with all the CAL-I-FOR-NIA girls, they're all so wonderfuul!

by eli7613 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:02 am

I think anyone that gets banned, for a limited amount of time should not be able to use tnt. there should also be a command for mods and admins to disable tnt for a limited amount of time if people abuse tnt.
Image Image
eli7613
Resident

by Irish_Ninja » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:27 pm

I think everyone should be able to place TNT, regardless of rank. Detonating, however, should depend on the player's rank. Defaults, naturally, need to be monitored, so maybe we limit their ability to detonate TNT only to times when a vtn or mod is online, who can check on them if it looks suspicious. I would even say that it'd be a good idea to limit use for Rsds as well; although there are plenty of us who use TNT responsibly, there are still a few who are prone to abuse it, even after the 30-60 hours on the server.
Perhaps limit the amount of TNT per X number of blocks one can detonate at any given time. For instance, if there is >10 TNT blocks per 15 block radius, it will automatically revert the blast.

I'm also liking the idea of a staff command to temporarily disable TNT (as well as any other potentially problematic blocks) from a player's use. Perhaps they could also have a command for exactly the opposite, where they can temporarily allow a player to detonate more TNT at a time. This way, we can keep it's use monitored more efficiently, and prevent a lot of griefing in times that no staff are online.

Edit: A response to Supermariobubba:
True, one could just rebuild the landscape, but if there's a way to prevent the landscape from being senselessly destroyed in the first place, I feel it should be implemented. It was the same with the water and lava buckets. They were spammed literally all over the map; and since the plugin that prevents senseless bucket spam was implemented, the map looks much MUCH nicer.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by boeftim » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:41 pm

add a item to destroy like a 3by 3 where you klik and tnt wont damage the terane
boeftim
Resident

by heisan213 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:39 pm

You can't make new items with Bukkit, boeftim. That would require everyone having Spout installed instead of Minecraft. It is, however possible edit the range of the explosion.

Thanks for reviving old thread xD

Vote for kreatious now! \/
heisan213
Resident

by boeftim » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:17 pm

thats sad but maby make tnt allways destroy a 3.3 aria
boeftim
Resident

Next

Return to Archives