[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Clans - Creating, War and Application

Clans - Creating, War and Application

Clans - Creating, War and Application

by Fluffy977 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:05 am

Basically, it's a mess. We all know it, and it's becoming something of an issue. While I realize there are some legitimate threads in there, so I figured I'd make a thread.

Topic Number One:

Ok, at the moment a default could register on the forums, and create an organization. Does anyone see a problem with that? No, you probably don't, but you wouldn't be willing to join most likely, because it would be their first post and they would probably abandon it. Then again, they shouldn't be able to just join the forums and make an organization, it should be a privilege, given to Resident+. As a privilege, it can be taken away, we could incorporate this into the punishment system. Should their ban record be completely clean? Or should it be, that if they have more than 3 bans they shouldn't be allowed to make a post? Discuss.

Topic Number Two

It's brilliant that we can have clans and such, but honestly, some are too serious. This isn't a PvP Kingdoms server. Sure you can have bases, that's fine. But the idea of going to war, is what I have a problem with, in Survival, it should be OK, as long as it is, if you see an enemy player, you can attack, no destroying bases. On Creative, it's a different story, war should NOT be allowed. You can't kill people, therefore the only thing left to do is destroy their bases, and that is grief. I don't care, how many times you will say, 'It's ok, we're at war'. It's grief. People can make AMAZING things on Creative, because they can be a creative as they like, but just because that person may be a member of a clan that is at war with your clan, it does not mean that you can destroy their stuff. Imagine how sad someone would be if they had spent weeks, possibly months building their base, and then it was destroyed JUST because of the clan they are in. So, thoughts on war on Creative or Survival? Discuss.

Topic Number Three

Back on the Topic Number One, I don't think it should be as simple as it is to make a clan, I think we should have an application process that a forum moderator could manage that so they would have an application form to fill in that would be MANDATORY for them to do if they want to create an organization, any more would be automatically locked and archived. Something for you guys to discuss is what the form should have on it. If the clan is approved, then it can be listed as an offical clan. Discuss.

Topic Number Four

Towns, and Groups. Two of the things in the Organization, I know personally I hate mixing things together, so I am proposing we have sub-catergories for Towns and Clans/Groups. Just a thought. Discuss.

Thank you for reading all of this. Please reply with your thoughts, and just use the topic number when you refer to things I say, instead of just quoting entire topics.

-Fluffy977
--Split Game
Last edited by Fluffy977 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clans
Spoiler:

Ranks
Fluffy977
Resident

Re: Clans - Creating, War and Application

by Irish_Ninja » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:49 pm

On topic one:
No, I think every player should have the ability to attempt to start a clan, if they wish. Personally, I'd wait until at least resident before trying, but that's really their decision. True, their thread will probably be abandoned rather quickly; but if that's the case, it will more or less disappear. If it starts becoming an issue, maybe old abandoned threads may be removed in a sort of "Spring Cleaning" fashion.
As for the posting privilege being removed based on bans, I also disagree. Sure, it helps to have a clean record, but everyone makes mistakes. And just because it may take someone a bit longer to learn their lesson than others, shouldn't mean they can't be a full member of the community.

On two:
Griefing is griefing. I can agree with this, even if, like you mentioned, it was done as part of a "war." Still, war can still be had in creative, albeit it probably won't be much of a "war" rather than a bunch of people spamming arrows or swords. Maybe both clans might set up a sort of battlefield meant to be destroyed for this sort of activity, but I dunno.

On three:
Like with one, I think clans shouldn't be restricted unless they directly violate some rule. And again, some clans fail to make it off the ground, and eventually are abandoned. Maybe occasionally, we could clear out some of the cobwebs, so to speak. That is, if it's that much of an issue.

On four:
Like I mentioned on the other post, two separate sections of the forum for Clan/Group threads and Town threads would be great. No objection to that whatsoever.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by dizzydan2 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:20 pm

hmm I think everyone should be able to have access to the forums and be able to create a clan etc, if you have a problem with the organisation page becoming to crowded which I think you mean, then maybe the staff can implementation a system where if there inactive there post gets deleted and obviously give them a fair chance to respond first , what do you guys think ?
dizzydan2
Resident

by Fluffy977 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:56 am

Clans
Spoiler:

Ranks
Fluffy977
Resident

by PureBoTheBuilder » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:46 am

I am purely just me, but in the end we all go into the same box

Jinga Chao Chao
PureBoTheBuilder
Forum Moderator

by Fluffy977 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:53 am

Residents, aren't necessarily nice people, most I've met, I don't like. I seen a few attempt to grief. My point being for Donor is that it is an incentive. We NEED more donors. We have like $320 dollars each month. It's crazy.
Clans
Spoiler:

Ranks
Fluffy977
Resident

by Arjan_M » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:20 pm

That is not necessarily right Fluffy. Damek and Vini are just a few of lots of good residents we have on the server.
Arjan_M
Resident

by Fluffy977 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Notice the wording. Not all Residents are nice. But most are, is what I meant.
Clans
Spoiler:

Ranks
Fluffy977
Resident

by Arjan_M » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:50 am

Well I completely acknowledged the wording. Which is why I wrote what I did ?
Arjan_M
Resident

by Fluffy977 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:50 am

Well, that's fine. But, I do this it should be a privilege/perk of being VTN or Donor. Notice how MOST of the people disagreeing with this are Residents thus far. We need some mods or some donors to comment on this.
Clans
Spoiler:

Ranks
Fluffy977
Resident

Next

Return to Archives