[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Limiting Posts in Forum Games

Limiting Posts in Forum Games

Limit the Posts in Forum Games

Yes
No votes
No
31%
BondsMatthew's Idea
65%
Other (Clarify)
4%

Total votes : 26

Limiting Posts in Forum Games

by Fluffy977 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:36 am

As a follow up to this thread. I wanted to suggest something to the community that HovR suggested earlier while we were talking about limiting the about of posts that people can post in Forum Games. Let me explain why;

Someone has 429 as of now 12/19/11 12:35 AM (PST). 59.48%of those posts are in Forum Games. That's over half, so as a whole, he has 273 posts in there so doing a little math. 429 - 273 = 156. If we were to take away the Forum Games, he'd have 156 posts. This is why this has become a problem for the Kreatious forums.

Lets take a look at another someone, this someone has 266 posts as of now 12/19/11 12:35 AM (PST). 74.44% of those posts are in the Forum Games. That's way more than half. This person has 198 posts in there. So, again, doing some math 266 - 198 = 68. Again, if we were to take away from games, this person would have 68 posts. This IS a problem now.

So what do you think? Vote! Reply with why we should or should not do this.
Clans
Spoiler:

Ranks
Fluffy977
Resident

Re: Limiting Posts in Forum Games

by mattchuu » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:40 am

As of now I say no. Forum games are a way to connect to the community. Without it all there is is seriousness. We don't want just seriousness. Now, I think that maybe people need to not SPAM as much in the forum games, it's there to have fun, not spam for a high post count.

Psst, at this point all a high post count shows is that you're willing to spam :3

EDit: agree with bond's soon to be suggestion.
mattchuu
Veteran

by bondsmatthew » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:41 am

I voted other. I say, and I know it's possible, to have forum game posts not count(towards post count).
bondsmatthew
Veteran

by Fluffy977 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:51 am

Clans
Spoiler:

Ranks
Fluffy977
Resident

by kieranchocian » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:28 pm

I have always thought that forums posts shouldn't count, but hadn't stepped forward to say it as it's not a major problem. So yeah, I voted for bonds' idea.
kieranchocian
Veteran

by HovR » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:25 pm

HovR
Veteran

by SonicFF7 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:32 pm

I agree with other. It lets people still have fun with Forum Games without spamming them like a donkey, otherwise known as me. Like that one time Kenny and Mythic had a Forum game battle... Mythic got like 80 posts in 4 minutes. =/ That's just crazy. <.<
I say do it now!
The consumption of babies enlighten me.
Spoiler:
Want to see me go down my line of ranks on kreatious, and random games I have? CLICKY

Thanks for the sig, Feir! ^
SonicFF7

by SirDukem » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:46 pm

Why does post count matter?
SirDukem
Veteran

by HovR » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:55 pm

HovR
Veteran

by SonicFF7 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:08 pm

It's not really the post count, but the amount of spam they were making was my main point.
Overall, in one day, they got about 100 posts from Forum games. Isn't that spam? I'm pretty sure.
If you take out their forum posts count, they barely have any posts. Doesn't that say something?
The consumption of babies enlighten me.
Spoiler:
Want to see me go down my line of ranks on kreatious, and random games I have? CLICKY

Thanks for the sig, Feir! ^
SonicFF7

Next

Return to Archives