14%
(Proposal) Keep a small part of the nether and regen the rest
3%
(Proposal) Have a /mine for the Nether
60%

Total votes : 35

[Re-Vote] Nether Reset?

by bossman1113 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:05 am

Ok, so we previously had a vote (a few MC versions back) about the nether being reset every so often. I think that because the nether has changed so drastically (Nether Fortresses and all their inhabitants) that we should have a re vote on whether glowstone should be regenerated or if the whole nether should be regenerated.

{There are plenty of xp farms, well-established homes, etc in the nether since 1.0. Not to mention wart farms. All these would potentially be regened if we regen the whole nether. If we regen the glowstone, everyone will get a chance to get glowstone, but no builds or anything will be destroyed.}

[Edit][Proposal] I have added a third option: we could have a small established part of the nether where it's never regenerated. This way we could keep small xp farms, etc. Then the rest of the nether would be regenerated.

[Proposal #2] We could have a /mine for the nether, for those who think it's still fun to explore the nether and find new things. And not worry about the nether lpoking dirty. So upon entering the nether, you would be notified of the /mine feature (or whatever it would be) or you could just stay in the nether that won't be regened.

^Remember these 2 features are just proposals and are not guaranteed to be implemented.
Last edited by bossman1113 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
bossman1113
Veteran

Re: [Re-Vote] Nether Reset?

by eli7613 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:44 am

regen glowstone only
Image Image
eli7613
Resident

by heisan213 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:26 pm

Yeah, keep everything as it is and regenerate the glowstone! Now it's just getting zerg to do that, haha :lol:

Vote for kreatious now! \/
heisan213
Resident

by SASpursFan » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:34 pm

The nether is starting to look dirty :3. Like when someone brakes a tree, leaving a wood block at the top, cause there too lazy too take 5 seconds of there life away.
SASpursFan
Donor

by Irish_Ninja » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:39 am

What about netherbrick though? That's a limited resource in the nether as well, and if it's not regenerated, it will eventually become a legitimate problem for those who need it.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by Neko92 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:50 am

Using dynamic map I see at least 12 nether dungeon things in immediate view... So I can't imagine nether brick running out too soon.

Personally though I say Regen the whole nether, Kinda more fun when you have to search for the glow stone and dungeons. Instead of have little buildings around the clumps making it not-as-fun to put the effort into getting more...
That's just me though... I don't explore it that much so... I suppose I don't have much of a say.
Neko92
Veteran

by iExspee » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:12 am

I think it would be a good idea to have a /mine for the nether, Lots of people would want to build houses and even cities in the nether. If we have a /mine for the real world there is no reason why we shouldnt for the nether
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by GoldenGuy45 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:52 pm

How exactly would the /mine nether work? You are in the nether and you do /mine to go to the mine in he nether?
Everything starts, with an idea
GoldenGuy45

by malandrix_bunny » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:54 pm

We should have a /mine for the nether, i remember once we had a nether and i was spawned in a nether fortress and than..... it was gone :(
malandrix_bunny
Resident

by pyrusbrawler30 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:40 am

well i no this whole thing is solved w/ the new /mine nether but i think the normal 1 should have 1 last wipe clean.... then people can go and claim some areas :roll:
pyrusbrawler30
Resident

Next

Return to Archives