Old vs. New style of vet-voting

Re: Old vs. New style of vet-voting

by SASpursFan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:44 pm

I think that may be the case sometimes. But I think a good idea is to stick with the new one. And people would say who they voted for, and for what reasons, in the comments. That is what me and Sonic did in the November veteran's vote.
SASpursFan
Donor

by Rubinst » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Some of them deserves vet for what they have done not for the stuff they do.
I think we should be carefull with new vets.

-We got alot of vets now (Almost to much)
-New Vets: more confusion,

My idea: a whole new rank between [RSD] and [DONOR]
https://twitter.com/#!/PlayRecEdiT
http://www.youtube.com/user/PlayRecEdit/featured
If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first. Kurt Cobain
Spoiler:
The game
Rubinst
Resident

by TheZaqwsxz » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:06 am

1+ on rubs decision, and maybe teh rank would be trusted, since RSD is like for people taht played for 30-60 =/
TheZaqwsxz
Resident

by Irish_Ninja » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:24 pm

I can agree with the veteran votes being very much a popularity contest. Many rsds may not even consider how helpful some candidates may be, but vote for others solely based on their relationship with them. Popularity is never a good way of determining trustworthiness, in my opinion.

I think it ought to be up to those who have already gained the trust of the community. Current veterans, mods, and possibly donors are the ones who should have the main say in the matter. They generally have a good idea of what it takes to be a veteran, thus, are more likely to make wise decisions.

Now, I'm not saying the voice of the Residents and Defaults should go unheard. There definitely ought to be discussion on the matter, in which we can participate. However, I don't think it should be our place to vote.

Summary? Yes; yes we should go back to the old style. However, we shouldn't leave all the others in the dark on the matter either. Everyone should have a right to speak their mind, but it should be limited to that for the lower ranking players.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by Mythic316 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:51 am

what we really need is more mods peeps not vtns....... we have plently of people who can be trusted into being a server moderator.
NEVER eat a porcupine its just not humane: jhall5718

Mythic316

by FSXlover » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I would not trust some of the current veterans to be moderators.
FSXlover
Veteran

Return to Archives