[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Color codes abuse

Color codes abuse

Color codes abuse

by maizmadness » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Ok guys I think color codes are amazing and think lots of you agree. But I do think we need to be responsible with them. And not use them for every message. Yes you can mess around sometimes butas you might see me say on the server "color codes are a private do not abuse them"
maizmadness
Donor

Re: Color codes abuse

by homerstatic » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:42 am

I agree, maiz, we should refrain from excessively using color codes. But another thing is the flashy letters thing. I think we should just stop using that in global chat all together
homerstatic
Veteran

by maizmadness » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:55 am

Yeh the flashy thing does tend to take over the chat very fast. and it makes it sort of hard to read
maizmadness
Donor

by McCoy1996 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:22 am

I agree on keeping it halfway limited, and consider the magic letters as spam. But colors are fine, somebody ingame said it was spammy to use normal colors. It would be just as spammy as if it was white. And new people automatically get green color! No fair ;)
McCoy1996
Veteran

by Irish_Ninja » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:13 am

Maybe there ought to just be a limit to how many times you can use colored text in a certain amount of time? For instance, 5-10 messages in an hour. Or make them a fun command you earn from voting?

Whatever the solution, they definitely need to be limited. And the magic flashing letters need to be even moreso.

And while we're on the topic; is it even accessible to PC users? Seems almost unfair to have a neat chat cmd, abused as it may be, only usable by Mac users. <troll> I mean, I guess you can say they need something to make it worthwhile to own a Mac, but I digress. </troll> XD
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by maizmadness » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:20 am

Ok so i think the solution is to have either a limit per hour 5-10 msgs or we use it as a fun command erend by voting on mine status. I think having a limit of 5-1o is better because if we just have to vote to get ir back it does not really stop the constant use. Or we could do it like this unlock the color chat by voting but then have the 5-10 msg limit of it every hr. As for magic letters they should be just banned use they are just irritating and spam the chat.
maizmadness
Donor

by homerstatic » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:18 am

We really don't need a certain limit, just makes things _too_ complicated.
We just need people to be responsible, and make good judgement about use of flashy letters and colors.
homerstatic
Veteran

by McCoy1996 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:26 am

I think the reason people used them so much was because people just learned about them 2 days ago lol. So testing occured and chat testing = spam.
McCoy1996
Veteran

by mattchuu » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:20 am

New things, no matter what, will always be spammed. For example...lightning stick. :3
mattchuu
Veteran

by maizmadness » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:19 pm

maizmadness
Donor

Next

Return to Archives