[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - What to do with the spare money!

What to do with the spare money!

Here are the choices with what we can do ;3

Upgrade and Community Fraps!
11%
Use the money for a future upgrade!
26%
Only Fraps!
5%
We should keep carrying over the money into the next month!
58%

Total votes : 19

What to do with the spare money!

by Arjan_M » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:52 pm

We have a lot of extra spare money this month. Instead of carrying it over to next month, maybe we can use it to try to make the server better in a lot of ways?

Possibility- Survival upgrade? Upgrading in anyway possible is great. Top-Notch hardware can range over $1000! Maybe we can save up the money from this month, and upgrade our hardware.
-Downside , Spending money on something we do not really need is not the smartest. We can always upgrade creative, but not many players go on it.

Possibility?- With the extra money, maybe open up a fraps account? We just need four donations to people who are willing to let it go the fraps. Whoever donates can have access, and maybe staff can also?
-Downside, Spending money on something other then the server might receive a mixed reaction. We do not have a main promoter to bring us new players! Although we get lots of new players a day. It's not always bad to have too much :3

Or..

Just let the money carry on into next month, and not worry about ever having a financial "crisis" within the server.

If you like the idea you should elaborate with more ideas :3

If you don't be sure to include why you don't like it, and what we should do with our money!

Also, this isn't official or anything. I just hit /donate and seen the extra money we can work with :3
Arjan_M
Resident

Re: What to do with the spare money!

by harshlife » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:36 am

If we werent going to let the cash roll over to next month, my advice would definitely be to promote advertising.

If we assume 1/15 people (ish) donate, advertising will bring in more people and thus more donators.

A common problem in my eyes is that the servers that advertise (on minestatus) have very low numbers of players such that when you look at the advertised servers you often see 0/x as the players online. Kreatious is uniquely benafited by a constant number of players, we would be hard pressed to find a time when server capacity is 0/x (lowest i've seen recently is 3/80).

Donations are the lifeblood of the server.

On that note, i'd also implement more coveted donor commands, admitedly this months /followsnow is fun and I recon i convinced at least one person to also donate this month by spamming /followsnow at them. Making people Want a command that is limited to a certain number of people is good for donations.
Highly Inactive at the moment.
I can be found here though. If you sign up, message me and I'll get you started.
harshlife

by cruiserman » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:00 am

Roll it over who knows if they will donate again. So roll it over
I like tacos. Why you no like tacos?
http://imgur.com/ayVDmPq<< zerg
cruiserman
Veteran

by SirDukem » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:27 pm

roll it over, be smart with the money.
SirDukem
Veteran

by strider1997 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:45 pm

Roll it, survival doesnt really need an update, and who plays creative :P
strider1997
Resident

by tomvanberkel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:08 pm

I say build a buffer for when donation targets are not met, with a max buffer of lets say 1 months worth. Then see what can be done with the amount exceeding it, if it ever comes to that.
tomvanberkel

by strider1997 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:04 pm

strider1997
Resident

by Nolancw » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:15 am

Save the money for the next month... It will put less pressure on the donors to donate regularly.
SURPRISE!

Nolancw
Resident

by iExspee » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:41 am

The server may one day be desperate for money if they spend the extra's per month on stuff to make the server run 1% better witch is pointless in my opinion. I think we shall save the money and donate it to the next month :)
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by Irish_Ninja » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 pm

I definitely say keep money set aside for the following month(s), because we very well may not get enough donations one month to keep us up and running. It's good to have the stability.

Although, not ALL the excess may need to carry over. Perhaps look into cheaper things that help the server. Advertising comes to mind, personally. Having many small things that bring in new players (who will possibly donate at some point), adds up a lot.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

Next

Return to Archives