Abandoned Projects clearup

Abandoned Projects clearup

by harshlife » Tue May 08, 2012 8:57 pm

I think certain areas of the server could do with a clear up, i dislike jumping around the map only to hit a giant wall, only to look around and realise that im actually inside a giant walled area that was never finished. Theres other instances of places where people have built themselves a fine wall and put nothing inside.
In fairness.. its not too much of an issue, as most of these walls have been griefed through by people in similar positions over time... but they're still unsightly.

Off the top of my head, i know of three large areas covered/surrounded by an unfinished wall built by people who havent been on in months and a couple of small ones.

I realise that considerable work may have gone in to these (some of them have substantial amounts of flattened land), but if they're never going to be finished, whats the point?

Theres also some places with disproporionate amounts of land walled off.. seems unnecessary.

Is there anywhere we can apply to flag stuff for removal? Or is it better to just leave it all?
Highly Inactive at the moment.
I can be found here though. If you sign up, message me and I'll get you started.
harshlife

Re: Abandoned Projects clearup

by aceflamingo23 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:04 pm

hell yes and also we need to clean up that "grief alley" area to the immediate northeast of spawn extending east to sunside and north to hometree.
aceflamingo23

by supermariobubba » Fri May 11, 2012 1:46 am

The map is littered with abandoned houses, many of wich are cobblecubes. If a house has nothing inside, and is abandoned it should be torn down
supermariobubba

by McCoy1996 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:16 am

I like the idea.
McCoy1996
Veteran

by vini123 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:06 am

I've talked with it about feir before but i'd like something like a clean-up procces
And what mario said that's true you see LOADS of them around spawn and in the rest of the map.
Read above what vini posted! :o
vini123
Resident

by cruiserman » Sun May 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Approved. I like this idea.
I like tacos. Why you no like tacos?
http://imgur.com/ayVDmPq<< zerg
cruiserman
Veteran

by Arjan_M » Sun May 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Why not make everything go poof.. and create a spawn city 100 blocks from all directions from the end of spawn.

This means.. More rooms for projects in the future..
Arjan_M
Resident

by cruiserman » Mon May 14, 2012 7:17 am

Everything?? Isn't that a little extreme? But we can mark out sections 500x500 (let's say) and clean up that way.
I like tacos. Why you no like tacos?
http://imgur.com/ayVDmPq<< zerg
cruiserman
Veteran

by TheZaqwsxz » Mon May 14, 2012 10:15 am

What about citys around those blocks? (e.g. HN town)
TheZaqwsxz
Resident

by Arjan_M » Thu May 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Apart from Fluffy's house, and HN town.. Every building near spawn is rubble.. Almost all houses near by are not used anymore, and makes the server look bad when the first thing you see outside of spawn is a bombarded, unorganized mess.

HN's Original district is not in much use anymore since they were making an improved district... If we really want to do a cleanup, I'm sure he won't mind..
Arjan_M
Resident

Next

Return to Archives