I'm out

Leaving Kreatious temporarily? Going on holiday for a week? Tell everyone here, so we know what you're up to!

I'm out

by scarble » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:32 pm

Zerg, you've got a nice server here and I know you put up with a lot of grief (in both the MC sense and the traditional sense) so I can understand your being a bit short, in fact I think your ban policy is very lenient, however I am a tad miffed that you thought it a good idea to just delete my house, 83.5 hours of my life I can't get back.
Could you maybe have moved it? Or at least given me a chance to collect my stuff? Many stacks of red dust, sheep (at least two in every colour), cows, auto farms, glow dust, diamonds, obsidian, for a noob like me all that took a lot of work. The animals were even led across water from at least 1000 blocks away.
/recover doesn't work, it says "you are not in happy funtime".
Even if it did I'm not sure I'd want to hang about.
Your forum password recovery also doesn't work (I eventually remembered :roll: )

As for my "ugly" house being near spawn, I though the house its self was rather nice, I very deliberately built it in a modernist style in what I thought were complimenting materials, I decorated with shrubs and paintings and vines.
Ok my animal pens were not great but I had to build them up as once upon a time most of my sheep were killed and/or stolen because I'd left it as just a fenced field and I was bit by bit replacing the cobble with more attractive materials. My auto farms were completely hidden under ground and I'd made deliberate efforts to shape the island nicely and where I'd extended it I even built down to the seabed rather than have magic floating dirt.
I was making an effort.

The cobble-on-stick thing behind the island (attached by bridge) was not my doing, it was built after my house and I did ask the guy repeatedly to tidy it up but didn't go so far as asking for it to be demolished as I was trying to be nice.

I also built a white wool house on the island to the west of what was mine. Greedy I know but I just like building things. You may as well delete that now too.

I'm sad to go, there are many lovely people on Kreatious and it is a good server but I just can't stay, even if I wanted to start all over again.

So uh.. kthnxbai.
scarble

Re: I'm out

by Irish_Ninja » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:25 am

Some buildings were removed, as they were built too close to spawn. Unfortunately, notifying each player who built nearby would take days, and many of those players only played for a couple hours, and decided not to return. In the big picture, it would have been more productive to remove the houses within the spawn area without notification, than to wait for all of those players to respond/collect their stuff; the reason being that most of them would simply ignore these warnings, or assume they're far enough away. (Why they built there in the first place, no doubt.)

However, while on the topic, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to /recover your items back. We're supposed to be on a very strict policy of backing up all private chests before rolling a structure back. Why this wasn't done, I'm not sure, but it's something that you should talk to Zerg about, and he can fix it.

Unfortunately, the house can't be left in it's original place, and moving it would require worldedit (something we don't use). But if you actually talk to Zerg about the issue, I'm sure he can help you out in recovering your items. At least then you're not completely starting over.

I hope you'll stick around though. From what I'm hearing of your description, you have some interesting building styles, and creative ideas. I'd hate to see a good builder leave.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by 21Dachshund21 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Welp, bye. I SAID WRITING AND I MENT IT.
*cringes fedora*
21Dachshund21
Resident

by Teslaterror » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Averderzane Frauline. We will miss the decent people
Teslaterror

Return to Goodbyes & Inactivity Notices