Methods of converting regular players to voters?

Re: Methods of converting regular players to voters?

by jack_addy » Sun May 20, 2012 3:29 pm

demalition90 Wrote:
jack_addy Wrote:
harshlife Wrote:Well.
My new, harsher suggestion, is to make the teleports voter based commands.
Have /mine, /go, /home, /wp all as voter only.

An exception could be added for people within their first week of signing up.

People dont have to vote, but they enjoy benafits of hasty transport for vosting.

hmm ya but there are some dumb people who dun know how to vote :? . also that would make new players get very frusterated (and make walle work harder).

the second quote in the quote said new players get a week of teleport commands then have to vote, and we tell them how to vote all the time, even posting direct links

ya i usually post links to voting for kreatious but they ignore it :/

jack_addy

by harshlife » Mon May 21, 2012 1:29 pm

For most people, there is not (to my knowledge) a good reason for failing to vote.
Its a minimal way to repay the server for a free multiplayer experience.
Highly Inactive at the moment.
I can be found here though. If you sign up, message me and I'll get you started.
harshlife

by demalition90 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:06 pm

we should add more vote commands, i have an idea for one

/roll, plays the rick roll

(default key to type is t so it spells troll)
can send the song to other players

/stop, stops all vote commands being used on you

can be used to counter rick rolls follow snow piggyback ect, gives few minutes immunity
^ if we have these two then we can troll people untill the vote to make it stop

demalition90

by jack_addy » Mon May 21, 2012 10:04 pm

demalition90 Wrote:we should add more vote commands, i have an idea for one

/roll, plays the rick roll

(default key to type is t so it spells troll)
can send the song to other players

/stop, stops all vote commands being used on you

can be used to counter rick rolls follow snow piggyback ect, gives few minutes immunity
^ if we have these two then we can troll people untill the vote to make it stop

nuuuuuuuuu /stop would kill da followsnow battles!!! :lol:

jack_addy

by demalition90 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:18 am

a vote to prevent /stop? .. jack you just made me start brainstorming a whole arsenal of vote commands (you make bulletfroof vests? we make exploding bullets!! type +1'ing of vote cmds)

demalition90

by strider1997 » Fri May 25, 2012 1:56 pm

I personally feel like we have enough or to many voter benefits. Don't we want are minstatus rank to be legit? Not achieved by "bribing" are players.
strider1997
Resident

by harshlife » Fri May 25, 2012 3:47 pm

I disagree entirely.
I dont vote to get commans like /ioncannon
The commands have no value, no benafit, they're for fun. I vote for kreatious.

Consider these 2 servers:

Server 1: 15 active players per day. Each player spends 90% of their time spent on minecraft on this server, it is their favourite. Server 1 has a heavy voting reward system meaning that each of these 15 players votes each day. Additionally, each member that signs up to the server and does not return in the future is likely to vote in order to get the reward (free diamonds for example), even if they do not like the server yet.

Due to it only being a small server, this leads to maybe 5 new sign ups per day, totalling 20 votes per day.

Server 2: 50 active players per day. Each player spends 90% of their time spent on minecraft on this server, it is their favourite. Server 2 has a very mild voting reward system meaning that only around 35% of players votes each day despite it being their main server.
New members are unlikely to vote as there is no reward in doing so and they have not decided if they like the server yet.
For arguments sake, this server also receives 5 new sign ups per day.

This totals 17 votes per day (rounded down).

While Server 1 is over-rated by its 100% voters idea, server 2 is under rated (statistically) because of the lack of incentives.

Minestatus’ ranking system works in such a way that number of active voting players = quality of server.
Meaning that a server with more players is higher up, which honestly is a good reflection upon the servers quality (better servers retain players to a greater extent). We have good player retention and an active player base, but a lack of voters.

The benefit of the proposed system of limiting commands such as /go /home /spawn is that the block does not apply to newbies, we would not be forcing each sign up to vote - a kind of "try before you buy" approach to voting.
All we would be asking is that the players who come to the server regularly assist our minestatus rank to reflect that. We should not be stuck behind servers with 15 active members.

Other proposals such as voting tied in to becoming and staying a resident support a similar idea - If you want to be a resident, you have to be willing to tell people (anonomously) that you are one.
I can be found here though. If you sign up, message me and I'll get you started.
harshlife

by demalition90 » Sat May 26, 2012 4:43 am

another con... will the teleports be limited just like the vote commands? i use /home /spawn and /mine a truckload more then twice a day

demalition90

by jack_addy » Sat May 26, 2012 4:49 am

demalition90 Wrote:another con... will the teleports be limited just like the vote commands? i use /home /spawn and /mine a truckload more then twice a day

nah not like voter commands. But limited to colored bracket people. So like it wont count as a voter command but you have to vote to get it.

jack_addy

by harshlife » Sat May 26, 2012 6:42 am

demalition90 Wrote:another con... will the teleports be limited just like the vote commands? i use /home /spawn and /mine a truckload more then twice a day

Ideally no.
This isnt a proposal to nerf teleports.
Essentially, anyone voting would see "business as usual" while people who didnt want to vote would be inconvenienced.

Back to a previous point made:
It would remove the excuse of "cant be bothered" which i can only assume is the highest reason people dont vote, this would be solved as /home and /spawn are a faster route of transport than walking, making it logical to vote rather than running.
harshlife

Previous

Return to Archives