[Brony]+[Pony]=[???]

Do you think [Brony] and [Pony] should be two sepret groups so people can choose which they'd rather be in?

[Brony] (Yes, I do believe they should be two separate groups)
44%
[Pony] (No, keep them one)
56%

Total votes : 9

[Brony]+[Pony]=[???]

by MrReebo » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:46 am

(Re-post because the other was in the wrong section, apparently)

Just a few days ago, Cruiserman unanimously combined the [Brony] Clan with the [Pony] clan. I am not going to discuss how Brony may or may not be a better name. I am not going to discuss why this happened, who caused it (to my understanding) and why it should be revoked. I am going to talk about how unfair this is to those who were members of [Brony] clan.

Now, most fans of the show refer to themselves as Bronies, or Pegasisters. When the typical someone who is a fan of My Little Pony logs on to this website, their going to naturally first see [Brony] in the clans section. This is exactly what happened to me, and everybody else who joined that clan. People liked that clan, people enjoyed being able to tell who they could talk to about what and so forth. When someone new would log on this server, the [Brony] would give them a pretty good idea about what that person was into.

Now then, the decision to combine the two was thought over by Cruiserman and Cruiserman alone. He did not ask anyone formally, nor did he even ask in the public chat before hand, when there were several of us online. The change happened very quickly. It was disappointing, and subtle. There has not even been a formal post, or anything, about it yet. There are some who will still not know what happened when they finally decide to log back in one day and they will wonder, "what the heck happened?"

To me, personally, it was very, VERY, disappointing. I have grown to love the term that we call each other, and when it was replaced with [Pony], I thought my eyes had gone out. I was disappointed in Cruiser for giving up so easily, and immediately began to do what I do best on this server, rant. Eventually over the course of the discussion, I and a few others regained their [Brony] and we were ecstatic. However as soon as Cruiserman left, they were gone,and we were again, disappointed.

I therefore call on Cruiserman, and Shadowfsr to give us a fair chance. Bring back the [Brony] clan until their can be a fair, formal vote. If we do not have the right to choose what we want to call ourselves as fans of the show, then what is the point of having Clans in the first place? I understand that they both mean the same thing, and they are both for the same basic idea, but as an actual Brony, I am slightly disgusted by this immediate decision. Even if the [Brony] clan lost in the vote, I would still feel that I had been given the chance to put in my word, SO MUCH SO, that I would wear the [Pony] clan tag proud, even in defeat.
MrReebo

Re: [Brony]+[Pony]=[???]

by cruiserman » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:50 am

Well I'm truely sorry to hear that MrReebo. Shadow is a long friend of mine and he wanted to have [Pony] back and I shut down [Brony]. Do you want to be part of [pony] but have the [brony] tag?
I like tacos. Why you no like tacos?
http://imgur.com/ayVDmPq<< zerg
cruiserman
Veteran

by Irish_Ninja » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:35 pm

I have no issues with the two clans combining. But I think it'd be cool to all the people who joined Brony to be able to use the [Brony] tag. It was the same case when it was just Brony, and people still wanted to use the [Pony] tag; they were given the option to do so.

Honestly, I don't see why there's so much discord amongst the two groups. (See what I did there?) They're essentially the same exact clan; one was created when the leader of the other left, as a replacement. So now that the original is back, and the replacement is closed, why not give the same option to Brony clan members?

Just sayin'. And that's just my opinion.
Not all clans get the option to have two separate tags for their members to choose. I'd view that as a plus.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by MrReebo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:39 am

That would be wonderful if you two would allow me to do that. Thank you for taking the time to read and understand my gripe.
MrReebo

Return to Archives