Lets Decode: 'New Continent'

Lets Decode: 'New Continent'

by iAustralian » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:06 am

Hey,

Well.. Seems quite a few people have found Zurgs post a little difficult to completely understand.. So, I've translated it to easy-to-understand terms, =P.

'Decoded' Sections will be in red

------
On some day between December 9th, 2012 and December 17th, there will be a map expansion. A new continent to the south of the main continent will be created using a 1.4 seed. 3 new strongholds will also be added to the map as well, but they won't be findable with eyes of ender. (Unless I fix that.)

Sometime between December 9-17, Zerg will expand the map to include a 'New-Map', basically. It will not affect the current Map, and you'll be able to move freely between each after the 'Happy Hour' period is over. For those of you whom remember; This is basically what happened with the 1.7 | 1.8 Worlds

For 1-3 weeks after the continent is made, this will be known as "happy time.". This is to appease those long time players who really want a map reset, items and all.

After the Continent is finished, it will be considered 'Happy Hour', continuing on for 1-3Weeks after it is finished

During "Happy Time", the following will happen to players who use the "ferry":
A one-way "ferry" will allow you to move to the new continent.
You may take up to 3 diamonds worth of materials in your inventory.
You may not have ender pearls, blaze rods, or obsidian in your inventory.
You may not have diamond, iron, ender pearls, emeralds, tnt, or gold (tools included), in your ender chest
/recover will not work in the new continent.

I assume the 'Ferry' will most likely be a Warp / Warp-Sign. You're only allowed to carry 3Diamonds worth of items in your Inventory, ie: 1Diamond Pick or 1Diamond Sword and a Diamond Shovel and so on (I am not sure if you're allowed to take items up to the worth of 3Diamonds, such as 1 and a Half stacks of Iron) You're also not allowed to have Enderpearls, Blaze Rods or Obsidian in your Inventory, along with Diamond, Iron, Enderpearls, Emeralds, TNT, Gold (This includes Tools) in your Enderchest. /recover will be disabled in the new Continent

Nether portals will take you to the main map nether, but 50,000 blocks in some direction, and it won't be permanent (just like the mine world)
End portals will be disabled on the new continent.
/spawn, /rules, /home and will take you to your current continent.
Mods will use the honor system to not transport items between both continents.
/mine will take you to a different /mine than old continent people.
/mine's nether will be 50,000 blocks in some direction
/mine's end world will be disabled.

NetherPortals will transport you to the current Main Map Nether, but 50,000Blocks in a random direction (Don't be fooled, it's not a New Nether). It won't be permanent. EndPortals will also be disabled

When you use the "ferry":
You will be mailed the coordinates of your current /home
Your current /home will then be reset to a random spot.
Your /setjob will be reset.
You will be ferried over to the new continent.
You will be flagged. So you'll never be able to come back to the old continent. For 3 weeks.

You will be sent the current Coord's to the location where your current /sethome is - So I'd suggest moving your /sethome to your full-time House, or Storage location. After you're sent them, your /home will be reset to a Random spot, along with having your /setjob completely Reset. After these have been done (I assume it'll only take a second or so for these to be processed, may be wrong) you will be moved to the New Continent, and will never be able to return for 3Weeks - So, think twice before moving during Happy Hour

If you don't use the "ferry" during happy time:
You are not affected at all.
This means your items will continue to exist in the spot you put them.
Towns too.
You will not be able to interact with the settlers.

Self-explanatory, You're not affected but will not be able to talk to those already on the New Continent

After "Happy Time" is over:
You may switch between old and new continents freely
No restrictions on item transfers. You may take anything with you
You can transfer all of your old continent chests in one trip with a command, and dump them with /recover
Nether portals will take you to the main map nether at the normal location.
End portals will work
/wp spawn will take you to the old spawn

You will be able to freely travel between the New, and Old continent (By 'Old', I mean the current map). You're permitted to take any, and all items with you to the new Continent, or simply transfer all of your items in the current Continent with a command, and dump them with /recover. NetherPortals will take you to the normal location on the main-map Nether. EndPortals will also work. /wp spawn will take you to the current Spawn, with it being considered 'Old' due to the release of a New Continent

If I got anything wrong, =P Mods/Zurg are more then welcome to edit it.
Last edited by iAustralian on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[[Insert Inspirational Quote Here]]

Origin ID: vMrLegacy (Currently only have Battlefield 3, next game will most likely be MoH: WF, so if you have either, add me)
Steam: Colon-Apostrophe-Capitalized-C (Long story, just add it)
iAustralian

Re: Lets Decode: 'New Continant'

by ChubbyPikachu25 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:29 pm

So still, we CAN BUILD on 1.8 world?
ChubbyPikachu25
Resident

by Neko92 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:22 pm

No chubby, 1.8 world was deleted long time ago as though it was temporary. The current world, made in 1.0 Will continue to be accessible though.
Neko92
Veteran

by iExspee » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Thanks for this my smexy Dragons supporter, I found it a bit hard to understand zerg's post... He makes everything hard to understand.
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by Jbss11 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:05 pm

AWESOME!
Jbss11
Resident

by pokeboy0217 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:13 pm

thx for making it easier to understand
pokeboy0217

Re: Lets Decode: 'New Continent'

by ChubbyPikachu25 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:33 am

I meant this world ha ha....Thanks Neko
ChubbyPikachu25
Resident

by tempestfeir » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:12 am

from my understanding of what zerg's told me, and I hope this helps clear some things up, The two "maps" will be the one and same map, there will be no separate server map or world as such as now where we archive the old world map, so that any and all new players that join, and any old players that move, will have access to the new world, and all old players will be directed to the new continent spawn, and the old spawn will only be accessed by its way-point, and that the old players that decided to keep their land on the old continent, can still access it freely and build alongside the new world folks, It's all ONE BIG MAP

Essentially for people like me who've invested months in building a giant farmland mansion (city, town, ect), and no actual map reset, there is no real point to moving, except to build a new building. Sorry to put a negative spin on things, but, the new continent wont solve issues like a reset of the slums of the old map, we'll only see a new set of slums prop up, it wont solve the issue of server permissions due to everyone's branch mining on the current map.(This was an activity I personally have always believed should be a bannable offence) however this update wont be like the last time we map reset, where the old map is archived and forgotten, you can still build and edit the old map, if you have a piece of land that is empty. Why/ because the old map is right there along side the new map, they're the same map, think of conjoined twins.

I'll end this lil infomercial with this, zerg thinks that this will create a relatively happy medium between the die-hard minecraft players, and those players who don't want to lose their stuff they've built,
tempestfeir
Resident

by iAustralian » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:26 am

I'm hoping Zurg will expand the area protected around Spawn, or at least give more permissions to a few people so they may remove any Houses that have become inactive, or make some sort of 'Bank' where the chest can be moved to. It'll stop many of the Slums, and help peoples first impression of the Server :> No matter how great you are, people always judge off the small things.
[[Insert Inspirational Quote Here]]

Origin ID: vMrLegacy (Currently only have Battlefield 3, next game will most likely be MoH: WF, so if you have either, add me)
Steam: Colon-Apostrophe-Capitalized-C (Long story, just add it)
iAustralian

by jbige7 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:50 am

I'm pretty sure Zerg still has the first ever Kreatious map. Zergy, I say you bring it back.
-Jordan
jbige7

Next

Return to Archives