Treasure Hunt Fridays

Good idea or bad idea?

Good Idea
38%
Bad Idea
No votes
No, we are a vanilla survival server!
50%
Tweek; you should just make your own treasure hunt.
13%

Total votes : 8

Treasure Hunt Fridays

by tweekmore » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:38 am

I have a cool suggestion, and a backup plan.
http://www.curse.com/server-mods/minecraft/treasurehunt

This mod is very cool, every xxx minutes it spawns a chest in the random vicinity of the world. It has 5 types, ranging from mediocre chests to stuff with extremely rare and good items.

It would be very cool if on fridays this mod was enabled and every 1-2 hours it spawned a chest that all the players could go look for. It's a little incentive and since most kids usually get out of school on fridays, it encourages more playtime and fun in the servers. So? What do you think. Please consider all 4 poll options.
Statisticals - Image
tweekmore

Re: Treasure Hunt Fridays

by kieranchocian » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:48 pm

It seems like a fun thing to do, but it's not vanilla. Maybe people have to donate the items first, and then we can get the chests (all items in there would be donated). The problem with this is that there won't be enough decent donations to go around the entire server. There is no decent solution, unless you want to do it every 2-3 months, instead of every week. Because of this, I don't really like the idea.
kieranchocian
Veteran

by cruiserman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:41 pm

Sounds cool but we don't spawn items and I doubt that people would donate items like that. Thanks for the idea
I like tacos. Why you no like tacos?
http://imgur.com/ayVDmPq<< zerg
cruiserman
Veteran

by c0dyb » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:15 am

unless we did it in the /mine world we would end up with random holes all over the place which would make our world very ugly.

idea-
everyone pays a *fee* to enter the event all the collective *fee's* get put into the "pot" the "pot" is hidden somewhere by a neutral party and whoever finds the "pot" gets to keep the collective "fee" paid by all who entered the event
c0dyb

by kieranchocian » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Well, there has been limited replies since April, and the user doesn't play here any more. Locked & archived
kieranchocian
Veteran

Return to Archives